Chapter 09: " Threat "

Magsimula sa umpisa

Skyler went after it. He walked towards us, taking his suit off with his face so serious. Will, this buddy has always been this serious since then. He placed himself next to me with his body exhausted.

Hux opened his eyes, putting his glass down back on the table and glancing at Sky, who was now doing the position he had earlier.

" How were the newbies doing," he asked. Sky opened his eyes and leant forward to grab a cigarette from the table.

Skyler was the third in command of this mafia. He handles the training sessions if Hux and I were not around like now and gives command to all our capos on each base all over the world.

" They're learning fast, Hayden," he responded with satisfaction in his voice as he lit up his stick. I think he really trained them the whole day, as his appearance showed to us.

As I listened to them, I also leaned forward to grab one cigarette stick and light it up. Hux smirked.

" Good, they will be having their first work next week," he spoke as he throw the knife earlier on to the dart board on the wall locates into his side and it landed right on to the center of it. I chuckled at him. The King as always.

" The annual party was ready, Hayden," Sky pop-up grabbing again Hux's attention. " Everything was set up and the only missing piece was your decision, Hayde." He added with full respect to Hux. Hux just shrugs before throwing a knife on his board again, but this time it's his favorite one.

"I'll give my command that night, Sky," he hissed, throwing another one.Sky simply nodded, despite the fact that Hux was not looking at him.

Among the three of us, Skyler was the most obedient one, Hux was the one who was on command as he is the boss, and I was always the one who messed around with them. And I'm proud of it. We worked here for nine years, assisting Hux in becoming King and bringing our mafia to the top of the chain. It was a tough job, but we were able to do it.

" I invited Niara on that night," I informed them, as I remembered that I handed her an invitation. Sky chuckled at me.

" Another woman again, Ace," he uttered, tilting his head at me. That one heart, huh? " I am not a womanizer, Sky," I spoke as I glared at him. I added with a wink. "It's just that I am irresistible." He burst out laughing at me.

" Imagining things that are not realistic, Ace,"

I was about to attack Skyler when Hux snapped at me. " You childish brat," he spat out and stood up as he marched upstairs. I was speechless at what he said to me. But I brought my attention back to Skyler, who is now laughing so hard as if there's no tomorrow.

Amary P.O.V

It's 6 pm in the evening and I've arrived home. I got out of my car, holding a paper bag containing all of the new books I had purchased from the mall earlier.I strolled to my main door and I opened it. All the lights are on, so I guess Elena turned them on before she headed out.

I walked through the living room and up to the stairs, echoing my steps all over the corners of this mansion. It was so quiet as if you could hear a single pin drop to the floor. And this is what I love the most: a quiet and peaceful place.

I opened my room and there I saw Luxe lying on his couch near my bed. I smiled at what I saw. He was so cute. I placed my paper bag and purse at the top of my bed before I walked towards his direction. He wags his tail at me as he wakes up, indicating that he's glad I'm here.

I bent down on his front and tapped his head. "You hungry sleepy head," I ask, knowing full well that he will not respond.He simply licked my face as he jumped up on my shoulder, causing me to fall to the floor on my back.I laughed so loud. " Did you miss your mommy that much?" I spoke, still laughing.

Luxe was a sweet dog. He always did things like this if I left him for too long, like now. " Hey, okay, I'm here. We'll eat now, I know you're hungry," I stated to him as I tried to get up with him on my top, but I couldn't, Luxe was so heavy now. "You're getting heavier, Luxe," I shrugged as I shifted him to my side." Mommy will just gonna get changed and we'll eat after," I patted his head as he now sitting bellow me.

I get changed and I whistle to Luxe for us to go downstairs. I walked to the kitchen as Luxe ran ahead of me. He might be really hungry. I reached the kitchen with Luxe lying again in front of his bowl. I lunged at the reef and noticed a freshly cooked food with a sticker on it.I took one of the transparent containers and read the note.

" Just put it back on the microwave, Niara. It must be too cold when you arrive. "

: Elena

I put down the sticker and I opened the container. I smiled. Elena was so kind. I put it on the microwave and I look for Luxe meet to be steamed. I found some beef, so I just washed it and put it on the steamer.

After a few minutes, the microwave rang, followed by the timer I started on my phone for the steam meet. The food was all heated, so I placed it on the plate and brought it to the table. I also grabbed a Luxe bowl and put the steamed meat together with some dog food as well. I bent down and placed it on Luxe's front. He quickly stood up and ate his food. I smiled and stood up to eat my food as well.

Elena's food was really good. Even though I ate her food yesterday, I still got my expression on it. I enjoyed my food while I watched Luxe finish his. I took my last spoon and sat still for a while to settle my food before standing again to wash my plate. When I felt good, I stood up and marched to the sink. I cleaned my plate and utensils after returning them to their proper places.A satisfying burp scapes on my tongue as I walk back to the table to grab a glass of water.

I followed him to the living room, where I turned off the lights here in the kitchen with my glass of water on hand. So Luxe placed himself on the couch located at the center comfortably, so I just continued walking to him. I sat down, placing my phone at my side, and drank the remaining water in my glass. I just chose to drink water instead of wine this time as I am alone in this wide mansion and no one can even help me if anything bad were to happen.

I placed the glass on the center table and grabbed the TV remote. I turned it on. I scanned for a good channel as the first one was showing a drama movie, which I didn't like the most. Kill me if you want, but dramas aren't really my cup of tea. I ended up decided to just log-in my netflix as I am tired of searching for channels anymore. I waited for a bet before the process was completed.

I browsed for movies and, after a second, I found the one that grabbed my attention; it was a horror movie. I placed myself comfortably on the couch before I played the movie. I glance at Luxe, who is asleep now. I put my right hand on his back and rubbed it as I took my eyes back to the TV.

The movie started and just like what I expected, it was so nice. I just stared at it until I guessed the conflict of it. An hour had passed and it was 9:48 in the evening, I yawned a couple of times now, but I still wanted to finish my movie as it was still in the middle.

My eyelids became heavier, but I didn't bother closing them completely because I knew I wouldn't be able to finish the movie if I did. My attention on the movie was interrupted when my phone lit up on my side.I paused my movie before grabbing it. It was an email from my master.

.......to be continued.......

Hi guys!

Sorry for the short update guys, I am just drained right now︶︿︶.

I hope you guys still enjoy my story~♥~.

Guys, please leave some feedback; I'd love to read it.

Vote, comment, and follow guys(:

-Ms. El♡