Chapter 24 | ℌ𝔦𝔧𝔞𝔠𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞 𝔚𝔦𝔩𝔡 ℜ𝔙

Start bij het begin

"Yeah, but it is worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back" Dustin bit back, narrowing his arms across his chest.

Eddie snapped his head towards the boy with a playful look. "Who said anything about bikes?"

Steve furrowed his eyebrows, glancing down at the metal head, throwing an arm around a zoned-out Grayson. "You got some sort of car that we don't know about?"

He stood up straight, pulling the girl with him. "It's not exactly a car, Steve" a sarcastic grin grew on his lips as Grayson fought back a snicker. "And It's not exactly mine, but, uh...me and Grayson took it for a spin once so it'll do"

Eddie tapped a fist on Grayson's shoulder before motioning his head towards Max who stood to the side with the same expression that she once had. It was stoic and distant. Grayson took the redhead's hand, softly catching her attention. "Hey, Darling, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that for Eddie?"

Max thought about it for a moment before growing a small grin and raising a brow at her girlfriend. "I may have something"

Grayson crouched near the Michael Myers wearing metal head with the biggest grin on her face. She clenched her jaw, scouting out the area with her sleeveless leather jacket grazing the ground. She and Eddie shared a look before sticking her hand up in the air and waved.

They all started off slow before Grayson picked up the pace zigzagging through the trailer park with so much ease that somehow they almost lost her. The brunette spotted the estimated trailer, lopping around from behind. Everyone watched her with different emotions coursing through them as she, Lex, and Eddie found the whole thing very amusing. Their eyes worked twice as hard, trying to find an entering point.

Lex whistled, hoisting up his hands over the other as Eddie slid open the small RV window. Grayson squinted her eyes at the window before looking back down at her frame. She licked her lips. If she got stuck she was surely going to hurt somebody.

Grayson lifted her body through the window, rolling onto the floor of the RV as she shook her head, running her hands through her hair. "That was fun" she grinned as everyone came piling through. Eddie ripped the mask off his face. "More like suffocating"

Steve landed on the couch, patting her back. "Go! Come on"

She let out a dramatic sigh. "Yes, yes. I carry you losers" She strutted through the trailer, turning the lock on the door before sitting in the driver's seat. A mischievous grin crept up her face as Eddie loomed over her shoulder, handing her the tools she needed. She hummed, pulling on a handful of colorful wires. Steve narrowed his eyes at his sister cutting the wires in a certain way. "Where'd you learn how to do all this?"

She inhaled, shivering at the memory entering her mind. "Well, when my dear brother was busy being an asshole by day and a daddy's boy by night, I was busy learning how to hot-wire cars from Lexus's old man. Now, I swore to myself that I wouldn't wind up in prison as he did, but at my rate, I just might. So, uh, I'm really living up to that Harrington name aren't I?" She whispered watching the guilt engulf the boy's face.

Eddie glanced between the two siblings in a mixture of amusement and disbelief. Robin came from behind the boy and shot her a sorry look. "Hey, uh, Grayson, I'm not sure that I love the idea of you and Eddie driving"

"Oh?" She smirked. "No, no. I'm just starting this sucker. My girlfriend needs me and I need her. Stevie's got this"

Eddie chuckled, leaning a few inches away from Steve's red and oblivious face. "Don't ya, big boy?"

Grayson held a look of amusement while rubbing the exposed wires together. The engine soon started, startling the four teenagers as the radio started playing Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash.

She scrunched up her face, glaring disappointedly at the radio. "Ah, cmon"

"Hey! Open this door!"

"Hey!"

"They locked the door!"

The teens stared at the people pounding on the car in fear before breaking into laughter. Grayson jumped from her seat with a grin. "Shit! Go" Steve quickly took the wheel, shouting over his shoulder. "Everybody, hang on to something!"

Lucas panicked in the middle of the narrow hallway. "Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" Lex quickly pulled on his sleeve, wrapping an arm around his waist as he held the boy against him. "Go! Go! Go!"

Grayson curled her fingers around the metal handle with her left arm holding Max against her chest.

Dustin sat on Grayson's other side, gripping tightly onto her veiny arm. "Drive, steve! Drive!" He shouted, straining his voice.

Steve bit down on his lower lip as he drove forward, avoiding the original owners of the RV trying to hop in front of the car. "Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!" Lucas yelled.

Dustin placed his chin on top of Grayson's messy hair, glancing at the people screaming from inside. "Shit, they look pissed"

Robin sat at the table with Nancy sitting across from her. The dirty blonde-haired girl ranted out of nervousness. "I mean It's not every day where you lose your house and car in one fell swoop"

Grayson swallowed thickly as the RV hit a bump making everything jump a few feet from their places. "I would be pretty pissed if I listened to Johnny Cash as well"

Lex scoffed, narrowing his eyes at her. "Right"

Steve let out a terrifying yell. "Hold on! Hold on!" He shut his eyes for a second as the RV collided with trash cans filled to the brim. Max looked up from Grayson's chest with a teasing smile Even the taller girl couldn't help but grin a little, watching her girlfriend's face light up.

"Okay," Steve dragged out, turning onto the main road with a forced smile. The trailer continued to swerve side to side as the brunette boy tried to keep everyone alive. But it was so hard being the darn babysitter when you wanted to strangle someone every five seconds.

—————

I don't have anything against Johnny Cash. It just became a running joke with Grayson in one of the earlier chapters 😭