"I cannot believe your father thought that way." Ekansh says. But something in his words draw Danuj's attention.

'Your father.'

"No, no! Don't think that way. Don't get him wrong Ansh, he might have been...." His words get interrupted by Ekansh, as he kneels infront of him and says the most dreadful words he could've ever heard.

"He should though, you know, BROTHER. Because, in all honesty, I did mastermind this whole happy incident." He says as an evil smile spread over his face. For the first time in his entire life Danuj sees 'evil', knelt right infront of him. And it's no one but his own little brother. The child he took as his lifeline.

"Y-you tried to kill him? You killed baba. You killed our father?!" He fails to  contain the growing rage within him.

"Not our, he was always your father. I was the below poverty line lost puppy in his eyes. He has never, never considered me his son. That's why I never considered him as my father. Although I had a weakness towards you bhai, but you know what, when you have big dreams you need to do bigger sacrifices. You're that to me.
If you live, I'll never be the number one, they will keep considering me as the second best. And I hate it. I hate being second to anyone. So, you need to die. With a heavy heart I have to say that when you're dead there is no one to compete against me." He says as his eyes tear up.
"See, the mere thought of killing you is bringing tears to my eyes. So before you die you need to know, I loved you bhai. Because you have always been the only person who cared about my existence. Who gave up his everything for me. I know if I told you I want to have the company to myself only, you would've given that to me as well. But that would've made you the hero once again.

We all know, you don't need to own Sachdev Industries to be in rank one, truly don't know what they see in you but they take you as the first anyway. Hence, you need to leave me alone, so that I can become the one and only. I hope you don't mind." He keeps blabbering things and Danuj keeps looking at him with awe. Why couldn't he see that Ansh is mentally unstable? His mind is conceited and filled with vile ideas. Killing a human being is not just something gruesome but traumatic. And here his brother is talking about it as if he is just here to buy a candy or something. He wants to be the first, he wants to rule alone. He has never considered Devraaj Sachdev as his father. He has never loved him as a brother. He is mentally sick, probably from the very beginning. So many people warned him about his decision but he listened to no one. His decision caused his father's life. His decision caused Ekansh to turn into this evil human being. His decision caused their downfall. He blamed himself for everything. He was the root cause for all these things. He has no right to live, he deserves to die. He deserves to die.

His eyes fall on the man, who is attempting to come out of his hideout. Now he knows what Ojas is doing here. He wants to save him. Just like the others. He respected Danuj's father, he respected Danuj. Danuj feels grateful but he cannot let him come out of his hideout. He cannot allow another person  dying due to a mess solely created by him. These are too many people, he can do nothing to save himself. On top of that Danuj himself can barely move. He won't be able to defend himself, let alone save Ojas. So, he slowly moves his face to meet his eyes, while Ekansh kept blabbering. He knew what to do and he did that. His eyes move while his body don't, and they say a simple 'no'. A 'no' to risking his life like this, a 'no' to fight a lost war, moreover a 'no' of authority. He sees the fear in Ojas's eyes, but the fear immediately transforms into terror and before he could register what's going on he turns his face infront only to see his little brother grown enough to plung a knife in his thigh. For the first time in hours he feels an earth shattering pain in the lower portion of his body. A scream escapes his mouth, but it's not the knife plunged into his thigh, it's the knife plunged deep into his soul that crunches him from inside.

He sees Ojas once again, standing folded handed, eyes pleading, requesting to give him one chance to fight for him but his eyes, hold the same authority. He will never let someone innocent get involved into this cruel business. Before he could process the pain already inflicted in his thigh, his other thigh feels an even gruesome attack. But for some reasons he was ready, apart from a sharp gasp nothing comes out of his mouth.

"Wow, I never knew hurting someone feels this good bhai. It's.. it's addictive. I would've asked you try it yourself, but unfortunately you won't be alive to do so. That's heartbreaking you know. Not having you around me, you were so special to me." Ekansh keeps saying as his hand keeps plunging the knife everywhere possible. Danuj looks at him as the childhood memories flood through his mind. The time when the hands that are holding this knife were too small to hold his hands. The time when he fed him with his own hand, the time when he told him stories at night so that he could have a sound sleep, although he himself failed to have one due to the nightmares related to his mother. He remembers the days when he fought for his little brother against so many people, when his brother was small and innocent enough to come running towards him whenever he got back home from school. They hugged each other with so much love, so much brotherhood. How could he never see what he has become? A small tear trail down his cheek.

His chain of thoughts break, as another deadly pain shoots through his body. An animalistic growl leaves from his bruised mouth. The knife is plunged deep into his lower abdomen. He finds it hard to breathe. His red, teary eyes look upwards to his once little brother, now a deadly criminal. A criminal. When did he become this? What did he do wrong in bringing him up? Yes, he was blinded by his love. He could never see his multiple mistakes, he was adamant on protecting his brother than correcting his wrong doings. He did wrong. He spoiled him. He is responsible for what he has become today. The pain in his chest amplifies. The loss of both a father and a brother wrecks havoc on him. Panting for air, he looks at Ekansh once again.

"If..... if I leave the world, you'll be happy. You'll be the first. T-that's what you've always wanted. Didn't you?" He asks breathing heavily as his body inclines to the right side due to the immense pain, the tiredness. All he wants now, is to sleep and never wake up. All he wants is to be punished for the mistakes he has done.

"That's right bro. That's right." Ekansh comes forward to bring out the knife, so that he can continue he sadistic practice.

"T-then have it. I am leaving the world to you. See, see if they take you as the first. See if you get to achieve my place. But you know what, if I die today, my belief says, you'll never be the first, even after that. Because you have to earn the rank Ansh, you can't steal it.

I have only one regret you know, I never saw what the others saw in you. The evil. The vile. I am at fault. I failed to bring you up as a good human being. I am at fault. However, I'll still say, play fair brother, keep fighting, keep fighting. Try to be a human again." He sees the anger he has caused in Ekansh. But he doesn't want to be a part of this world anymore. It has given him enough. Hence, saying so he simply inclines to the extreme right, and before Ekansh could react he falls out of the cliff.

¤¤¤¤¤

He stands at the terrace. Looking at Ekansh. Who seems happy now. And then he sees them, Vasudha and his friends entering the veranda. He cannot see her well, but the sight of Ekansh almost running towards her and pulling her into his chest, burns him from within. The pang of jealousy is more like another stab to his soul. He will take what's his. Even if that means shredding blood.

_________________________________________

If you like my story feel free to Vote, Comment, Follow and Share.

Love, Puja. 🍁