II- twenty-eight

"Here!" Octavia shouted, pulling out a roll of electrical tape. Bellamy shook his head hastily, "How is that going to help?!" Octavia groaned, ripping off a piece as she was about to place it on Nat's wound. "Hey!" Bellamy held up a hand, stopping her. "It might make it worse." 

"Are you a doctor?" Octavia questioned, earning silence from her brother. "Didn't think so. Now, look at her." He saw how Nat struggled to hold herself up from blood loss. "You want a possibility or do you want to take her home in a body bag?!" Bellamy bowed his head, lifting her shirt and accepting the help. 

"Okay," Octavia placed a hand on her best friend's face, making her look her in the eye. "This may hurt." Nat nodded, picking up Bellamy's arm and biting into the spare fabric on his jacket. "Do it." She gritted through her teeth, wanting to scream as she felt Octavia pull her skin back so it was taut. "Aghghgh!!" The jacket barely muffed her screams as the cool tape settled onto her skin. 

Opening her mouth and pulling back from his arm, she looked at Bellamy. "Did it work?" He let out a breath, "It's hardly bleeding." She let a small laugh fall from her lips as she sunk into his body, her head resting in the crook of his neck. Bellamy pulled Nat's shirt down, placing a kiss on her head. 

Silence settled around the car cabin until Octavia spoke up, her voice breaking slightly, "He's a reaper." Her breaths started to get heavier as the realization settled in, "How's it even possible?!" A tear slipped down her cheek, "He just looked right through me." Suddenly Lincoln passed by the car yet Octavia didn't notice. "How?!"

The grounder turned back, grunting as he heard her voice. They watched him peering through the window yet not reacting. Nat sunk into Bellamy as Octavia gripped the redhead's hand in fear. "Can he see us?"

Bellamy shook his head, "I don't know."

The three sat in silence, the only sounds being their hard breaths exhaling. Nat's heart was beating so fast that she was sure it would burst right out of her chest. Octavia stared in horror at the man she loved with blood dripping from his mouth. 

Lincoln slammed a hand on the window, turning and walking away. Octavia looked back, not seeing where he went. Bellamy looked down at Nat, holding her body close to his as they all waited. He could see the pained look on his sister's face, shushing her as Natalia hugged the younger girl, "Shh, Shh. I'll get him back." Bellamy promised. 

Slowly opening the door, Bellamy stepped out still holding his gun. Octavia followed suit, helping Natalia who was limping even worse now. He closed the squeaky door, looking over at his sister. "You sure you're ready for this?"

She sniffled, holding up Natalia tighter in her grip, "Yeah."

"Okay," Bellamy looked around the car, "Draw him in, we'll do the rest." He caught Nat's attention as she leaned against the car. "Can you stand?" She straightened her back, flipping her knife in her hand, "I'm good." Bellamy smirked, "My girl."

She hid a smile, following Bellamy as Octavia shouted out Lincoln's name. A clanking sound could be heard nearby as she shouted again. "Lincoln?! Can you hear me?" Suddenly he limped out from around the corner, running toward Octavia with a fierce groaning. "I'm sorry," Octavia mumbled as Bellamy yelled out. "Hey!"

Lincoln turned around, seeing Bellamy holding the gun in his direction. He started to charge forward until Natalia rolled out from under the car, turning on the baton and shoving the electrical stick into the grounders side. Octavia held a hand over her mouth, attempting to hold back the tears she wanted to let go.

Lincoln finally passed out, Bellamy helping Nat up with a pull of her arm. "Now what?" The younger brunette questioned, looking to her brother. 

Bellamy looked down, "Now we take him home."