Chapter Three

Note:\\: Just a reminder that this chapter will be in first person! Please let me know what perspective you like better ≤3

+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+

+Chapter Three+

- Memories -

+.+.++.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+

Y/N's POV-

Driving was always terrifying but I had to learn how to. I can not be reliant on others to take me places. My mom never liked driving either, she was very vocal about it the way she bitched to me about driving me to highschool meanwhile my sister would take the bus.

She just never got it. My stop was the last in the morning, meaning there were never any seats and no one was nice enough to let the creepy kid sit next to them. That is unless it is to harass them. I just couldn't take the bullying any more. I'd much rather drown out my mom's whining with music from cheap earbuds and try not to focus on the way the drunkard woman would swerve occasionally. 

Learning to drive came in handy in the long run. After my parents divorce and the tragedy that costed my sister's life I packed everything I could fit in my car and moved out. Living out of my car for several months as I also went to college in Alabama. Moving states was also scary. Being alternative in the south was scary. But I did it  and I am so proud of myself!

'Maybe I'll be able to start over and make some friends for a change. '

Classes were different than how it was in highschool. The change of pace was hard to process for the first week, but I soon found an easy way to take notes and was invited to a group study session for a biology class.

This is my chance to be seen as normal.

-

I didn't go.

I couldn't.

The static that filled my head was splitting my mind in two. I couldn't stop vomiting and the way I shook made it hard to move. The fear that gripped at my nervous system as memories of a tall figure lurked in the background of my childhood. The fact I couldn't remember my older brothers face and my dad's was also beginning to blur scared me. Would I soon forget my sister?

"Th...This is-all your faul-t!" I  gasped out, gripping at my stomach that felt concaved. Vomit dripping from my mouth onto the public bathroom floor I struggle to stand up and very slowly move to the sink. Washing my face and gargling the water, trying to clean myself up before exiting to go back to my car to sleep. Ignoring the illuminated faces of the people on the streets. Lamp light guiding my path out to a dark parking lot of the college campus.

The burning in the back of my throat from the stomach acid threatening to burst out of me keeping me on edge. My head hurt so badly I was surprised I haven't collapsed from exhaustion.

'This is life...'

-

I woke up late seeing as it was a day off from work. Being able to get some extra rest was always nice, especially on days where gray clouds filled the skies as far as the eye could see and rain was gently hitting the awning.