Spoonful of Fluff

Ao Bing x Reader Fluff

"So you're telling me you have no clue?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying, yes."

"Like, not even a hint?"

"Not even a hint."

"But how do you not know?! It qualifies as a major life skill!"

"I'm sure it's not that important."

"How could you say that?! Out of all the people I know, you're telling me YOU don't think it holds any value?!"

"All I said was that I have no idea what big spoon versus little spoon means!" Ao Bing said, exasperated. You huffed back into your chair, your arms dropping at the sides of each armrest as your legs sprawled out in front of you.

"But it's cuddling, man! How can you not know what cuddling is?!" You stared completely baffled at the desk separating you two. Ao Bing was sitting across doing paperwork. His one hand gripped the pen so harshly, you thought he was going to spill ink all over himself. The other rubbed the top of his eyebrow in hopes of lessening the headache you had given him. His eyes tallied the black card that was sticking out from inside your pocket, making him wonder why he even bothered giving you one in the first place.

"If you must know," he said, now looking at you, "It's because I don't concern myself with ridiculous notions such as 'spooning.' I have other things to do, Y/N. I won't waste my time on romanticism."

"Technically, it doesn't have to be romantic," you said, your hand pointing a finger at him. You quickly held it up in surrender once you saw Ao Bing's glare. Why'd you work for this guy, again?

Oh right. He paid you to annoy him.

"Listen," he said, leaving his pen down and reaching under his drawer, "Whatever it is, I'm sure it's lovely, but I've got things to do. If you could kindly let me do them-" he pulled out a bottle of expensive whiskey, "-that would be great."

"Does the whiskey need an immediate taste test or something now that you're kicking me out?" You joked, watching him open the bottle, effectively filling it up halfway as he rolled his eyes.

"I need the peace and quiet you disturbed in order to continue," he said, "If I get tired, that won't help it, so this antidote will keep me awake."

You kept looking at him with a frown as you watched him throw the glass back and place it down. You were aware that he was a heavyweight, but you also knew his poor habits when it came to getting his work done. The man would risk his liver in order to finish business-related tasks, and you didn't like that one bit.

You sighed again, sinking back into your chair as Ao Bing ignored you. This was a normal thing for him. You knew him long enough to expect the lengths he'd go to in order to keep up with his own high standards. You watched his pen scribble away on the parchment, trying to push away the disgruntlement bubbling in your chest.

He looked so peaceful when he focused on something. Too bad he was giving up his health to stay engaged as much as possible. You could stare at him for hours, if only he'd let you.

You kept observing his facial features as you leaned against your shoulder. Your arm was propped against the armrest, and your legs were still sprawled out. The chair wasn't facing directly towards his desk. It was angled more diagonally as another empty seat was placed to its side, mirrored in the opposite direction. Your legs were so dramatically outstretched as you inched down bit by bit once, that you could reach Ao Bing's feet under his desk.

That's when the idea got to you.

You jolted your foot against his boot softly, waiting for a reaction.