Chapter 22: Friends?

Start from the beginning

Kali made her way to the kitchen to grab a drink, Steve following behind her, his arms still crossed over his chest "what the fuck Kali!" He exclaimed "didn't take you long to forgive him" Kali could feel her anger rising, she threw back the water and held the glass in her hand as Steve continued on his rant "what did he do? Did he use his Billy Hargrove charm to get you into bed or are you just that stupid?!" Kali slammed the glass against the side, the broken glass piercing her skin as she turned to face Steve, she wanted to scream in his face but instead she rolled her eyes and walked past him and into the living room "that's it Kali, go running back into the arms of the guy that nearly beat your best friend to death!" Steve's words were harsh and caused Kali to well up, "you don't know shit Steve" she mumbled "oh I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that" Steve said sarcastically cupping his ear with his hand "I said you don't know shit Harrington!" As soon as Kali turned to face Steve the tears began streaming down her face, all of the kids were stood in the corner watching her as she yelled "who the fuck are you to judge me and my actions Steve? Hmm" before he could say anything Kali held her hand up "don't even fucking bother" she crept closer to him, her voice growing louder as she became more angry "you don't know what he fucking went through earlier, you don't know fucking shit about him! I fucking stood there and screamed and shouted at him for hurting you" Steve glanced at the floor as she screamed, "I got so angry at him for hurting you that I punch a fucking hole in the wall" she pointed over to the wall next to them, "I fucking screamed at him for hurting me" she held out her bruised wrist "and he fucking sobbed! He promised me that he'd never hurt any of us again, especially me, he's my fucking boyfriend Steve! And I love him! So if you can't accept that I have chosen to forgive him and give him a second chance then maybe.." Kali trailed off as Steve looked up at her through saddened eyes, she shook her head and relaxed her body slightly "then maybe you shouldn't be in my life anymore" Kali's heart broke when the words came out of her mouth, Steve was her best friend and she needed him in her life but she also needed Billy. Kali turned on her heel and made her way over to Max, "why don't we get you home?" She smiled down at the young girl, Max couldn't say anything, she was shocked at what she had just witnessed so she just nodded her head. Steve was still stood in the middle of the room, his mouth hanging open as tears ran down his face. He watched as Billy slowly emerged from the bedroom and he felt his rage boiling up again, he made his way over to Billy, ready to give him a piece of his mind before Kali stepped in front of him, "move Kali" he hissed as he kept his gaze on Billy, Kali shook her head and pushed Steve back slightly "you already lost one fight tonight Harrington, do you want to loose another?" she grabbed Billy's hand and gestured for Max to follow her as they made their way out of the house.

The drive back to Billy's was quiet. Kali's hands remained tightly wrapped around the wheel the entire drive as Billy and Max shared a few concerned glances "Kali? Are you okay?" Max asked quietly, Kali relaxed her body and looked at Max through the rear view mirror "yeah, I'm okay kid" she smiled at the red head and then turned her attention back to the road. They pulled up outside Billy's house, all the lights were off which meant Billy's parents had already gone to bed. A sigh of relief slipped out of Billy's mouth as he turned to face Max "why don't you head on inside? I'll be in soon" Max nodded at her brother and made her way to the front door, closing it softly behind her so she didn't wake her parents up. After he knew Max was safely inside Billy turned his attention to Kali, she was still looking out at the road, her hands still on the steering wheel. Billy placed his hand on top of hers "it's okay princess, you can let go now" he whispered as he peeled her hands away from the wheel. Kali looked over at him, tears were threatening to fall as Billy pulled her into a hug, he ran his fingers through her hair as she nuzzled into his chest "can I stay with you tonight?" She whispered, she really didn't want to be alone tonight after everything that had happened "of course princess" Billy whispered back, placing a kiss on the top of her head before climbing out of the car.

They crept through the house, checking on Max before making their way to Billy's room. When Kali entered she couldn't help but look around his room. This was the first time she had been in his bedroom and it was exactly how she imagined, there were a few band posters on the walls along with a few Polaroids, she made her way over to his desk, smiling down at the picture of a young Billy at the beach, she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist. Kali turned to face the blonde boy who stood behind her, he had a little bit of dried blood on his nose and his curls were all over the place, "come on princess, let's go to bed" he kissed Kali's lips lightly before running over to his wardrobe. Billy held up an old white T-shirt for Kali to change into. She smiled as she took it off of him and watched as he pulled off his own T-shirt and jeans.

Kali placed the T-shirt over her body, taking in Billy's scent as she took her pants off. Billy had already gotten comfy in bed and patted the space next to him, Kali let out a small laugh as she laid down next to him. He rested his head against her chest, one hand laid across her stomach as she played with his hair, "I love you princess" he mumbled as he drifted off to sleep. Kali smiled down at him, his soft snores filling the room. She kissed his forehead "I love you too Romeo" she rested her head back against the pillow as she continued to play with Billy's hair. It didn't take long before she had also drifted off to sleep, feeling safe and comfortable in Billy's strong arms.