30

Heehee I'm tired
My fingers hurt from writing...

Akaza's POV
I paced back and forth in front of my body, watching the hole in my chest gradually grow smaller.

"UGGHHHHHHH why is this taking so longgggg?!" I slammed my translucent hands down on the table.

I saw Yushiro watching me. I took a deep breath and decided to observe Lady Tamayo do her work instead. This seemed to anger the pale-green haired demon, but I didn't particularly care.

It seemed like she was getting close, but I was no doctor, so I wouldn't know. I watched her for a few more minutes, then she got up and walked over to me- well, my physical body. She picked up a small needle and syringe, injecting more of the yellow medicine into me. I felt the small prick, and the weird sensation spread across my chest once again, which I knew was the medication.

Maybe I should try again.

I closed my eyes, trying to feel the world through my body, and not through my soul. I felt the soft cot underneath me, and I focused on the touch. I began to feel more like I was laying down instead of standing up, with my head resting heavily on the pillow underneath me.

However, knowing I was in a different position than what I felt brought on a sudden wave of motion sickness. I fell over onto my back, snapping myself out of the trance-like state I had been in.

Yushiro was staring at me like I was going crazy, a slight smirk on his face.

Think watching me try to get back in my body is fun, huh? Why don't you try it?

I rolled my eyes at him and looked back at my body.

How long am I going to be like this?

I shifted onto my stomach, thinking.

I feel pain without trying when Tamayo injects me with the medicine. Perhaps I could try to wake up by using pain?

I got to my feet.

It's not like I can punch myself from here, right?

I walked over to my body and punched it as hard as possible. As expected, my hand passed through my body without doing anything to disturb it. I grasped my hair frustratedly.

I looked over at Yushiro, who looked a bit confused. Maybe... I motioned for him to come over to me. He got to his feet and stood next to me with a questioning look. I mimed punching my body in the stomach, and pointed to him, then my physical body.

His eyes widened slightly with understanding and he raised a clenched fist, punching me hard in the torso. I felt the pain in the same spot, and my felt the cot under my body for a moment. Lady Tamayo was shocked by the unorthodox movement and asked Yushiro something. He responded, gesturing to where I stood. She nodded reluctantly and continued watching.

He looked at me, raising his fist again. I nodded, and he brought his hand down roughly on my chest where I had been stabbed.

The world flickered black around me, and I was plunged into darkness once again.

Yushiro's POV
Akaza's spirit nodded, and I slammed my fist down on his recently healed injury. Lady Tamayo flinched, and I looked apologetically in her direction. When I turned back to the translucent spirit, he wasn't there.

Does that mean he's dead? Or did his spirit return to his body?

"Yushiro, look!" Lady Tamayo exclaimed, her eyes focused on Akaza.

I looked at the former Uppermoon, and watched with fascination as the demon blinked rapidly before opening his eyes, squinting under the harsh light of the cabin. I noted the two X marks over the numbers on his eyes. He tried to sit up, and Lady Tamayo placed a hand on his shoulder to push him back down.

My eye twitched. Why would Lady Tamayo touch that idiot?! He better not get any ideas!! I glared in his direction.

"Don't move, Akaza. I can't be sure your internal injuries have fully healed yet." She said calmly, turning to me. I quickly fixed my face so I didn't look angry. "Yushiro, can you get some water for him?"

"Yes, of course!" I rushed over to the small (and kind of pointless) kitchen, quickly filling up a small cup with water. I returned to Lady Tamayo and handed her the cup. "Here."

She gave the water to Akaza, who sipped a little bit at a time to test his stomach.

Once he finished it, he immediately swung his legs off the cot and stood, putting one hand on the wall to steady himself. I stepped in front of him. "Lady Tamayo told you to stay down!"

"And I need to talk to Douma. I need him to know I'm alive so he doesn't do something stupid!" He said in a scratchy voice.

"Akaza, you must understand the danger of him knowing you're alive. If he knows, then there is a good chance Kibutsuji will find out. That would put all six of us in danger."

"Six?"

"You, Douma, Tanjiro, Tomioka, Yushiro, and myself. Trust me, you will see Douma again, please just wait until I have the cure ready."

Akaza sighed. "Fine. How much longer do you think you'll need?"

Lady Tamayo smiled.

Her smile is so beautiful!

"I think I only need a few more days."

This was news to both of us.

"Will there be enough for all the Uppermoons??" Akaza asked eagerly.

"Not immediately, but as soon as I confirm it works, I'll make enough to turn all of the Uppermoons back into humans."

Okay, this chapter is a little bit shorter than I would have liked, but I want to split the rest of the story up as much as possible to make it longer.
Y'know, so it lasts!
Don't worry, I'll do chapter 31 tonight as well.