9

Good morning/evening/day/night peeps!
Take another chapter! *throws the chapter*
TW: slight swearing, possible suggestive dialogue?

Akaza's POV
It was the fourth night in the infinity castle, and as directed, I sat in my room, waiting for Douma to come fetch me. The structure of the room around me creaked and shifted slightly as Nakime moved parts of the fortress around. I'll have to let her know so she can practice moving the platforms without disturbing the rest of us. It was nearly midnight already, and Douma was nowhere to be seen, heard, or smelled. We're wasting moonlight.

I stood up and paced the length of the bedroom a few times, then stood in front of the door and slid it open. Perhaps Douma had decided to lean up against it for a second, because as soon as I opened the door, he toppled into my room.

"What the fuck-" I stepped back before he could drag me down with him.

The rainbow-eyed demon fell on his back, hitting his head hard on the floor. "Ow..." He rubbed the back of his head in a slightly embarrassed way. "Sorry for tumbling in like this, Akaza-dono!" He popped back up to his feet and smiled down at me.

"You're forgiven, but why were you leaning on my door to begin with?" I was genuinely curious. Not many demons just fall backwards through my doorframe.

Douma laughed lightly. "I've been running around making sure everything's ready, and that Daki won't accidentally expose Rui to the sunlight while we're gone."

"Seriously, you entrusted him to Daki of all demons?"

"Well who else do you suggest I ask?"

"He and Kaigaku could spend the night together, he could tag along with Kokushibo, but who knows what'll happen if Daki is left unsupervised around him!"

Douma waved one hand, dismissing the thought. "Don't worry. I made sure her brother is there too. Gyutaro is responsible enough for the night. Besides, Rui can take care of himself! It's just good parenting to get him an older demon to watch over him."

Considering Rui had spent, Muzan knows how long, in a creepy demonslayer infested forest pretty much on his own, this was an accurate assumption. But I also thought Douma was worrying a bit to much about it. I didn't have much time to think this over, however, because Douma went behind me and covered my eyes with both his hands and shouted "We're good, Nakime!" At the top of his lungs.

The strings of her biwa were struck, and instead of the smooth wood floor under my feet, I felt soft grass and a gentle, warm breeze. Douma's hands still prevented me from seeing anything, and I reached up to move them out of the way.

"Can you close your eyes for me, Akaza-dono~"

"Fine." I squeezed my eyes shut just before I felt him turn me around so I was facing him. He slowly removed his hands from their new position on my shoulders, and I heard him take a couple steps back.

"Okay, you can open them!"

I opened my eyes to reveal a tiny clearing, surrounded completely by trees except on one side which immediately dropped off into a rocky cliff face that overlooked a small village in the distance. Fairy lights were strung all around the perimeter of the little area, and in the center, there was a red and white picnic blanket laid out. Small dots of light floated in the air around the clearing, which I assumed were fireflies.

"Is this where you and Rui were last night? Setting this place up?"

Douma nodded. "I needed him to help me with the fairy lights."

He sat down on the blanket excitedly, patting the spot next to him as a motion for me to sit. I complied, although I was a bit skeptical of the idea. I lowered myself down onto the soft blanket, wondering if I would regret the decision to ask Douma if we could do something fun sometime. His version of fun was most likely much different from mine.