17

FIFTH CHAPTER PUBLISHED TODAY
WHY DO I DO THIS MY BRAIN IS DYING DEAD AND DOING THE MACARENA
Fun fact about me: my favorite part about being an author on Wattpad is getting to read all the comments
✨😊👀

Akaza's POV
Every last demonslayer?? How does he expect us to do that?!

Pain shot up and down my body, like all my organs were being crushed from inside me. I shuddered, coughing up a generous amount of blood onto the floor under me. I could feel the other demon's eyes on me as I coughed again, praying silently for Muzan's cells in my body to stop their torture.

"Akaza, I was about to explain, so stop second-guessing me."

The hold on my body released, and I took a few shaky breaths in. I nodded, cramping down the hate that possessed my very being.

Douma leapt up and rushed to my side, crouching down next to me and stroking my back soothingly as I regenerated. All the uppermoons were surprised when I didn't immediately skin him alive, and were even more shocked when I smiled weakly up at him. Daki was especially ecstatic, just barely containing her excitement in front of Muzan with her hands clasped tightly in front of her face to conceal her grin.

Kibutsuji watched our exchange with little interest. When Douma confirmed I was alright and returned to his spot, Muzan looked at us with a cautioning look. "So you have gained affection for each other."

I carefully refrained from thinking anything mutinous or murderous.

"That is fine, as long as it doesn't interfere with the task at hand."

We quickly nodded our thanks before he continued.

"The way we will dispose of the corp is a bit unconventional, and possibly fatal to many of you. All seven of you will stealthily infiltrate the demon slayer headquarters and convert just who I tell you to." He paused a second to let that sink in. "You are to turn the remaining hashira, the boy with hanafuda earrings, and the young girl with a single butterfly hairpin. Each of you may choose one extra slayer to convert."

Daki raised her head. "Master, I have a question."

"Yes Daki?"

"When do we leave?"

"As soon as you are all ready."

The reality of the situation sank into us as we left to go to the lounge. But we weren't going to relax. We were going there to plan. The truth was, the seven of us were going to the demon slayer headquarters. If a single slayer knew we were there during the operation, the weaker of us could be done for. So we unanimously agreed that Rui and Kaigaku would not be joining us, no matter how many times they asked.

Douma and I filled the others in on the layout of the estate, as well as the number of people who frequented the area. We spent a little bit deciding who we wanted to convert as outperform extras. Douma quickly chose that boar child, Inosuke, and Kaigaku practically begged Kokushibo to give blood to the yellow haired boy, Zenitsu. Apparently they had trained together or something.

I chose a young girl with black hair, deep blue eyes, and two blue butterfly clips that kept her twin-tails in place.

Hantengu and Gyokko didn't care, so they didn't choose anyone.

Daki couldn't decide, and Gyutaro thought the idea of a gun-based blood demon art sounded cool, so he chose the wind hashira's brother.

Then we worked on deciding who would convert each of the assigned slayers. There were nine of them, so one or two of us would have to take the extras. To my dismay, Douma and Kokushibo each took one extra. I would have wanted someone who didn't already choose and extra. That meant they would have to risk their lives with three slayers each, while the rest of us only had to take care of one or two. I tried to talk Douma out of it, but he insisted, saying that as the second strongest moon and the third strongest demon, he was obligated to do it.

So that's how Douma ended up with Inosuke, the flower breath user, and the injured wind hashira. I was assigned the sound hashira as well as the blue butterfly girl.

(Guys, Akaza isn't killing Aoi, he's turning her into a demon to save her from death.)

When everyone was satisfied with their slayers, we decided to leave in five nights. There was no time to loose, but even though Nakime could drop us right under their noses, we needed to make sure the slayers weren't on edge. After all, the wind hashira, Inosuke, and Tanjiro had all seen us near their headquarters. We needed them to let their guard down so we could do what we needed to do to prepare without incident. Such as setting up Gyokko's pots, having everyone memorize the routes they would take through the estate, and make sure everyone had seen all their targets at least once. Oral descriptions were fine, but not enough to rely on.

After that, we dispersed to go do our own things. Daki and Gyutaro went to train with Kokushibo, Gyokko disappeared into one of his pots immediately after we finished the meeting, Hantengu left to do who knows what, and Douma and I took Rui to his room to have a talk.

I slid the door closed behind me, and stepped over some webs to join the two at Rui's bed. I didn't feel comfortable sitting on the child's mattress, so I knelt on the floor in front of them.

"What did you want to talk about, Father?"

Douma smiled softly into Rui's eyes. "Well, I'm sure you know that all the uppermoons are going to the demonslayer headquarters for a mission."

The spider demon nodded, worry hovering around him like an invisible cloud.

"It will be very dangerous, and Kaza and I might not come back. If we don't, I want you to stay happy, okay? Don't do anything stupid."

Rui frowned. "Don't say things like that. I don't want to think about it." He scooted closer to Douma and leaned into his side, small hands gripping Douma's arm as he draped it over the small demon's shoulders.

"But hey, there's also a good chance we'll survive!" I butted in. "And if we do, your dad is going to be bringing you a brother!"

Rui looked up at Douma hopefully. "Really? You'll get me a brother?"

Douma laughed lightly. "Perhaps. But only if he wants to be in our family, okay? I don't want to force him into it."

"Okay."

As we walked back to the lounge, Douma and I exchanged a look that conveyed more emotion than words ever could. It said all the love we'd ever meant to share, all the hopes for a bright future, that every second we'd spent together was worth it. Every moment had led up to this one, and we weren't about to let a single mission wipe it all away.

I MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO ONE MORE
MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE.
Should I?

I AM SO TIRED- I nearly fell asleep while I was writing this lol
Sorry if this chapter feels rushed or if it's bad 😅