Just as I was about to get off my spot, I got a text from the person I was expecting to get. For some reason, the more I stared at the text, the more familiar I got, like I knew this person so well. 

Unknown Number
Good morning sunflower! You seem so happy right now! All bubbly-faced and that cheerful smile, shorts! 😜

Me
Who are you calling me shorts! I'M NOT SHORT! 😡

I quickly sent the message and looked around to spot if anyone was around that could have been my unknown person that is texting me right now. But, the more I looked, the more quiet it got. It was just the buzzling streets with cars moving by and normal office people walking to their jobs. Just when I turned towards the cafe, I spotted a guy that was quite familiar and my feet just dragged faster and in a split second, I was sprinting towards the guy. He had features that I would never forget because his features had been long printed in my head from the time I started elementary school back then.

I stopped suddenly when I got a text. But I looked around to find myself just standing alone in the streets between two clothing stores.

Unknown Number
Btw, I was gonna ask you, do you still hate Nico Zachary?

All it took was that name. It was that name that was planted in my head for ages and a name that I could never forget. That name still haunted me from the past. He had the darkest blonde hair along with a bit of silver hair. Since his silver hair was weird, he covered it by dying it blue. I bet it's still dyed blue as he was a legit delinquent, but had a split personality of being shy around girls and was a total nerd that was into books than anyone else. You could always spot him in the library reading books. But, when he's in a bad mood, you don't talk to him because he could legit punch you right in the face.

Nico was my bully back then. I mean, he didn't touch me and do anything, but watched me get bullied from the sidelines. Most of the times when I was bullied, he'd stare and get amused. Why? I don't understand him that much because sometimes he's weird. Well, that was in the past and part of me wanted to find him. I had tried to look for him on social media and where he was, but didn't find him. There was one time he helped me and that made me see a glimpse of his true character. That was the reason why I wanted to search for him.

Right now, I was pretty sure I saw someone exactly like him. This was why I was running after a guy that looked like him. Walking back to the cafe, I typed a message.

Me
No, I don't hold grudges. I bet you could be a classmate or someone I met in school so I will tell you. I never hated him, but I wish I had talked to him. I mean, I forgive him but he needs to be the one to come up to me and confess everything. That's all and I will forgive him.

(Unknown Number typing…)

Unknown Number
Don't worry! I will tell him and make sure he confesses everything!

That message was surprising. Could this person texting me be a friend of Nico's? Just when I entered the cafe, I spotted Tylor and the guy I thought was Nico talking to each other while smiling at each other. I realised they were smiling over what was on the guy's phone. I quickly ran back and hid behind the counter to try and find out. I could be wrong, but I wanted to know if it was Nico. Without waiting a second, I called the Unknown Number and to my surprise, the guy's phone rang and the ringtone was one of my favourite piano pieces. It was Moonrise by Brian Crain. The unknown person was him? But why was he scared to talk to me? Was he scared I wouldn't forgive him? Maybe that could be. But I was surprised.

He quickly hung up and I saw him text. I waited for a message to pop on my phone. Before they could see me, I muted my notification sound. As I expected, he sent me a message.

Unknown Number
I'm a little busy so I can't pick up your call.

I gave an unamused look and grabbed my backpack to walk towards them but what came out of Tylor's mouth made me drop my backpack with a thud.

"Nico, you should probably talk to Kei. Don't keep her waiting like this. Sooner or later she's gonna find out." Tylor patted the guy's shoulder, which was Nico.

Everyone stared at me while I looked at the two of them in shock. I was kind of scared to face him that my whole body got numb. I managed to grab my backpack and slung it around my shoulder and I could feel my hands clench tight on them.

"Kei? How long have you been here?" Tylor suddenly managed to ask and speak.

"From the moment you said… Nico had to talk to me. Okay, look at the time, I have to go to school. Bye!" I just said all that and just turned around the other way and ran.

Wait, why was I running? I was supposed to talk to him face to face. But, with that amazing appearance of his, I couldn't. Man, he has turned out to be so angelic. I don't know how I would face that handsome face of his. Suddenly it felt so hot on my cheeks and this weird feeling in me that was different from how it was with Cian. This was totally different, like I missed him and was so embarrassed and shy to see him. If it's like this, how am I gonna talk to him?

As I got on a bus to school, I took my phone out and saved the number with, NicholasCopernicus🤓. I couldn't help but be so shy and nervous still. I knew I was having a huge smile plastered on my face. Just then, I got startled that I almost dropped my phone as I received a call from the said person. I hesitated at first and adjusted myself in the seat and pressed the answer button.

["Kei, I am sorry for everything. And I need to talk to you in person."] He answered in a serious tone that I knew quite well.

"S-sure… but I have school…" I answered him in a soft tone as I was really nervous and feeling shy. Hearing his voice after a long time was really surprising.

["I will come pick you up."] He answered without any hesitation.

All I could say was, "Okay,"

["See you later, Kei. I really wanna talk to you and fix things up between us."] He sounded kind of really sad and seemed desperate.

"I know," I answered as I suddenly got up to get off at my spot.

But just as I got off, I suddenly felt as if I wasn't courageous enough to get to school as I found myself surrounded by the whole population of students before me. Just before I heard anything that Nico was saying, I blacked out when something hard hit the back of my head.

__________

Hey guys!!

I know, it's been ages since I last updated. I had so much going on. Got really busy with my in real life job and getting promotions. So, I had been really really busy.

Ohh!!! And I got some amazing news! Soon I'll be revealing my digital artwork and my digital characters for this book!!!

Amazing right? 😏

Stay tuned in for the next chapter!!! Really sorry for late updates. Soon, I am getting back at updating!

This book will have sequel too. That means it will be in 2 volumes and will soon start being a manga too. (still working on the manga version)

Hope you all liked this chapter!

Will see you in the next chapter!!
Ohhh and love you all for all the support and love you give to this book! Thank you!!!! 💘💕

- Kei