| Chapter Five |

Começar do início

"I got no sleep last night!"

"How come?" Monica asked.

"My grandmother has this new boyfriend, and they're both kind of insecure in bed. Oh, and deaf. So they're constantly, like, having to reassure each other that they're having a good time. You have no idea how loud they are!" Phoebe explained as Anna stared at Monica with a shocked face.

"Well, if you want, you can stay with Rachel and me tonight." Monica said making Phoebe sigh with relief. "Anna– will you be joining us?"

"Oh, sorry Mon–Chandler had an extra ticket to an ice hockey game and he invited me." Anna said as Monica looked at her with a surprised face.

"I didn't know you liked ice hockey?"

"Oh yeah– I grew up watching sports games with my dad.." Anna said with a smile. "So I'm really excited to be amongst the crowd and atmosphere."

"I hope you have a lovely time with sweaty, beer obsessed and competitive men." Monica said as Anna just smiled at her.

Chandler stepped into the cafe with Joey counting as he looked at the ground. "Ninety-five, ninety-six, ninety-seven. See, I told you! Less than a hundred steps from our place to here."

"You got waaaay too much free time." Chandler said slapping his hand against Joey's back before climbing over the sofa and sitting beside Anna.

"Here.. I brought you something you can wear to the game." Chandler said handing Anna an ice hockey jersey which she absolutely loved.

"Oh Chandler– you didn't have to do that.." Anna said placing her hand on chandlers arm as she pressed a soft quick kiss to his cheek. "Thank you."

"It's not a big deal– just wanted you to feel comfortable tonight." Chandler said truly hoping that Anna's night out would be unforgettable.

"Hey! Here's the birthday boy! Ross, check it out: hockey tickets, Rangers-Penguins, tonight at the Garden, and we're taking you." Joey said handing Ross the tickets, nearly jumping in his seat with excitement.

"Happy birthday, pal!" Chandler said leaning across Anna to pat Ross on the shoulder.

"We love you, man." Joey kisses Ross's cheek as Ross chuckled to himself.

"It's not your birthday?" Anna said as Ross looked at her and nodded.

"That is correct– my birthday was seven months ago." Ross said looking at the guys.

"So?" Joey said shrugging his shoulders.

"So, I'm guessing you had an extra ticket and couldn't decide which one of you got to bring a date?" Ross said knocking the nail on the head.

"Well, aren't we Mr. "The glass is half empty."." Chandler said crossing his arm across his chest.

Ross noticed something on the ticket. "Oh my God, oh– is today the twentieth, October twentieth?"

"I was hoping you wouldn't notice." Monica said already knowing why that particular date was so special to Ross.

"Ohhh.." Ross said placing his hand against his forehead.