Chapter 26

Roxanne took a note of her brothers' car tracks before she parked her own car in the apparent middle of the grass field. The other passengers looked a bit confused but Roxanne was too tired to offer an explanation, so all of them waited for about 2 seconds before a cuboid-like structure rose up from the ground.

Helixiar had so many questions running through her mind right now but she decided to wait and see what exactly is the place her mate brought her to. Roxanne simply looked at the cuboid when an iris scanner went over her eyes blinking green after a do-over. The car was silent while the cuboid thing was swallowed up into the ground again, no apparent difference in the grass they wouldn't have guessed there is anything if they hadn't seen the cuboid with their own eyes going down. 

Everyone except Roxanne slipped out gasp when the entirety of the car jerked downwards before smoothly continuing. Roxanne simply clicked her tongue like she was annoyed at something. This felt like entering a secret base to the other three present in the vehicle, it should be one of the most surreal experiences they've had in their lives if they were, to be honest. 

The moment they were on a concrete surface again, Roxanne opened her door and stepped out of the car to march up to a wall lit up with small lights and almost a dizzying number of buttons and switches. Did she pull out a keyboard from seemingly the middle of the wall? what the...

"oh Rox, hello" came Loman's calm voice only to be graced with a hum from Roxanne. 

"yea, Loman, do me a favor and help my mates out please, I think they have some questions and where are the other two. I need to know they're safe." Roxanne's attention was fully focused on Loman at the last sentence not caring about the amused look her brother carried right now, she needed assurance and quick because something inside her was gnawing at her sense of peace, she did not like that one bit. 

"yes sister, me and Cain are also fine" was such a Loman thing to say that Roxanne wanted to smack him into the metal wall. 

"least try to look like you aren't planning my murder for god's sake. your mates are fine. They are catching up with reality in the lounge room" Roxanne simply rolled her eyes and practically sprinted into the lounge's direction knowing Loman will help the other three out even if he is a gigantic brat. 

Seeing Roxanne enter the room Zolekh shot up in his seat followed by Abel as they hugged her tightly. 

"never send us away again, please. I don't think I can handle feeling that anxiety anymore" Zolekh murmured into her silvery hair as she herself let out a breath and hugged him back with crushing force. 

Anxiety. Another emotion unlocked. 

These people are giving her so much and it hasn't been so long that she's known them, another emotion but she can't pinpoint this one because it's gone in an instant replaced with relief when she saw Cain typing away at a table in the middle of the lounge. 

The sofas in the room were arranged in a circle that is denting downwards with stairs leading people on two sides with a table right now filled with holographic images situated right in the middle. The ceiling had an eerily realistic view of the solar system which felt extremely soothing to look at. The room seemed to be shaped in a circular way too, climbing up from the middle of the room to a higher surface level that was about the head of the sofa line, the walls were reflective of the view on the ceiling so it was more of a giant dome that enclosed the seating area that anything else really. 

"Rox, come here for a sec" upon Cain's urgent demand Roxanne maneuvered over to him looking over his shoulders.

"what is it" she bent forward to read through the hologram which looked like a diagram of the spider key that she created. 

"We still have the key, by the way, I have no idea what you have in your hands" Cain stated as he held up a very similar-looking chip between his fingers. Roxanne looked at Rolkan who was now seated on the couch to motion for the chip. He gently handed it over to her. 

Now she had both the chips in her hands allowing her to compare them, they were astonishingly similar but 

"they messed up the width of the chip, the one i picked up from that auction is about 0.2 mm thicker than our one" Roxanne tilted her chin up with a smirk.

"Does 0.2 mm really make that much of a difference?" Loman actually wanted to ask Roxanne if she has the right mates when Helixiar asked that question 

"That 0.2 mm makes it hard for the chip to be ingrained in the skin of a human, bioengineering is a very precise thing. A small error in measurement might lead to the process going in a completely different direction." Holwen would honestly applaud Roxanne's genuine explanation because even if he is nice, he wouldn't have regarded a question like that worth answering. 

"is your head only filled with money or what?" Rolkan of course did not leave a chance to poke fun at Helixiar, but Abel cut both of them off with a stern clearing of throat making Roxanne smile slightly as she positioned the two biochips in a tray for further examination. 

She placed the thin tray into another complicated-looking machine and pressed a few buttons before collapsing into the couch. 

"I apologize for my rough driving on the road, I swear I'm a better driver than that" She suddenly popped back up looking at her three passengers with an apologetic look on her face making them chuckle. Holwen simply slid closer to her and pulled her face into his chest, 

"till the time you're fine and we reached here alive" his voice which was filled with light mirth made Roxanne relax into his embrace, she could feel fond eyes all over her. She decided again that it did not hurt to love again or to hope to be loved back and she's going to do everything to keep this feeling for as long as these people would let her. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

skit~

Roxanne: *proceeds to press complicated buttons* 

Helixiar: "I have no idea what she's doing but I want to say I love you to her" 

Roxanne: *freezes* 

Rolkan: *face palms* 

Abel: *shakes his head* 

Holwen: *pinches between his eyebrowas* 

Zolekh: *exasperated* "way to go moron"

her brothers: *with a tick mark on their head* "expected the first time to be a bit more special" 

..........................................................................................................................................

author: firstly dont worry guyssss thats not how the first "i love you" is gonna happen lmao. Second, I can imagine some of yall being really pissed cuz i vanished for so long (-.-;) sorry about thatttt. Here's an update tho, drop your comments on some of the cute things you want Roxanne and her mates to do.