I was being selfish, he needed me just as much as I needed him right now.

I got off of him and laid on my side before I pulled him to me, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, and I shook my head as we looked into each other's eyes.

The love I had for him was unlike any other. And I knew, with everything in me that the love he had for me had no bounds.

Our love was limitless.

I pressed my forehead to his and we stayed just like that until we fell asleep.

The next couple of days were complete hell. I had to stay on bed rest and be catered to by everyone.

Which I loathed the most out of everything else.

Grey and I cried together multiple times and fell asleep in each other's arms with damped cheeks every night.

He was overly protective and gentle with me. So much to the point that he wouldn't even let me have the sliding doors open too long, fearful that I'd catch a cold.

He took care of my incision as if he was an actual nurse. By the second day, it had become a normal routine.

Xile slept with us some nights but insisted she slept at the foot of the bed, so she didn't hurt me.

Honestly, it was a good idea, great even. Since she was young she'd always slept like she was in Arkham Asylum fighting off every patient and guard.

Grey refused to answer emails and calls at first, but I insisted he did. We were starting a new business venture together and we needed to be the ones doing it, not Mariano and Emilio.

I held a meeting with the various teams at my company letting them know what I'd expected of them for the following weeks.

As much as I'd love to stay home and hang out with Grey every day, I needed to return to work as soon as I was cleared by the doctor.

Today was the day of the appointment and I prayed everything was going well and that I'd be able to finally be off of bed rest.

Xile and I sat in the car as we waited on Grey. I wore a comfortable black maxi dress and pinned my hair into a top knot. I didn't care to do too much today; I was too sore to find comfort in anything else.

"Am I supposed to get you a wedding present?" Xile asked.

I looked back at her and shook my head at the random question. She blinked repeatedly at me and motioned for me to answer. "No, just show up," I said, and she gave me a thumbs up.

"Thank God, because I wouldn't even know where to start." She said dramatically pressing her hand to her chest.

Today was also the day we were supposed to be tying the knot in Italy.

Everything would fall into place for us, I was sure of it.

I pulled my handy-dandy mirror out of my purse and applied the green apple-flavored lip balm to my lips.

As I closed the mirror, Grey made his way out of the house with what looked to be, two hoodies thrown over his arm and two water bottles in his hand.

I placed the mirror and lip balm back in my purse as he opened Xile's car door. He handed her one of the water bottles and hoodies, "It's cold at the hospital" he said as she looked at him dumbfoundedly.

He grabbed the seatbelt and strapped her in as if she was a child. And she didn't help her case as she whined to take it off.

I quickly buckled mine and he glared at me when he heard the click.