Chapter 29: Withdrawn

Start from the beginning

Qrow didn't wait for his response. He just stood up and took a hefty gulp from his flask, turning and slamming the door shut behind him. Y/N sighed, pressing the button and waiting for the nurse to unhook the medical equipment before he began walking down the halls, towards the lobby.

Once again, he found himself grateful for his Semblance. But when he entered the lobby, no one was waiting for him. Confused, he made his way outside, into the parking lot - only for his jaw to drop in horror.

Just as Qrow said, Raven and Summer were fighting. But Y/N had made the mistake of believing it to be a verbal argument. What he saw were two women glaring at each other, bloodied and beaten. Sasha, Cardin, and Verde were struggling to hold Raven back, while Tai and Yang held Summer.

"You almost got Y/N killed, you slut! You think that just because Vao died, I have to deal with my kid dying too!?"

Raven was cherry red in the face, throwing a slew of curses and death threats. "Don't ever talk about Vao, you worthless piece of fuck! At least I was with Y/N! If I let him go off on his own, he'd really be dead!" She screamed. "And at least he has the balls to go after Salem! You and that dipshit father just sit there pissin' your bed every night out of fear!"

"Don't talk about my husband that way!" Summer hissed. "And Y/N won't ever go for Salem again!"

Tai grunted as he tried to pull Summer further away from her target. "W-what the hell are you talking about!?" He growled. Summer jerked her head towards Yang.

"Left back pocket."

Yang looked worried, but obeyed. Digging her hand into the pocket of Summer's jeans, she fished out the paper and unfolded it. It fell from her hands in horror. "A-auntie, you... You didn't!"

The paper slid in front of Y/N, stopping at his feet. He bent down to pick it up, grateful that Yang had already unfolded it. And as his eyes scanned the paper, he felt his heart stop.

Summer had pulled him out of Beacon. He knew he would never sign the paper, meaning she had forged his signature. He almost couldn't believe she would do something like this. Cardin noticed the one armed blonde standing nearby, calling out to him. "Y/N! What does it say!?"

Y/N couldn't speak. His entire dream of becoming a Huntsman, pulled away. Yang bit her lip, her eyes beginning to fade to a deep crimson. "Y-you... Pulled him out... Even though you knew this was what he always wanted..."

Summer tore free from her husband and niece, throwing her hands in the air. No one moved a muscle as she glared at them. Sasha and Verde almost couldn't believe it.

"That's right. I pulled him out of Beacon," Summer hissed. "Something I should have done before. I'm not going to let Y/N walk through death's door. How FUCKING much will it take for anyone to realize it!? Ruby's dead! Vao's dead! Y/N almost died! And you!" She was pointing at Raven, her finger trembling in fury. "You went with him to find Salem! You didn't learn anything when your kid got blown the fuck up, did you!?"

"I'd watch your mouth if I were you, bitch," Raven growled. Her voice had gone deathly quiet. Summer was beyond reasoning, however. She didn't listen to the warning.

"Oh, piss off! I shouldn't have put it past you! You never cared about your kids!"

"Summer, stop talking," Tai tried to intervene. But Summer was already approaching Raven. In her desperation to keep her son alive, she was beginning to break.

"Vao was always afraid of you, wasn't he? Shows just how much of a 'great mom' you were, huh?" She snickered. "And what happened? What happened, Raven? He was beaten and used as bait. Think about it, you stupid cunt! Vao was stronger than Y/N! Slow, but strong! And he still died! Or did you just never notice that!? You didn't, because you never gave half a SHIT, about your damned ki-"