• apologies •

I ran out after race, I couldn't leave him upset and angry. It wasn't right for me to do that.

"Race! Come back." I said running after him. He began to speed up his pace and kept walking away.

"Please!" I shouted right before giving up. He stopped walking and turned around. It was just me and him, in a dark ally way.

"What do ya want?" He asked angrily. "I just want to speak to you, please..." I said calmly walking closer towards him.

I sat down on some boxes stacked next to the wall, he stood in-front of me waiting for what I was about to say.

"I'm so sorry, if I said something wrong or did something wrong. I didn't want to hurt your feelings, please forgive me?" I said teary.

"Woah, woah, woah. I'm not mad because of anything you've done. Don't worry, whyd ya tink tha'?" He replied kissing my forehead.

"Well you seemed mad when you came in and heard me asking jack when you came back last night..." I said.

"Nahh I was just mad because of my date, she said somet to me... But that don't matta no more, I'm sorry you thought you did somet wrong love." He spoke as he hugged me.

Mush came running down the ally. "Spots here, we're goin' on strike hurry up!"

"C'mon darling, let's go!" Race said running after mush while holding my hand.

There was lots of fighting.

"Help! Please..." I screamed as two men was trying drag me away. I kicked one in that area, but I couldn't get the other away.

Before I knew it, race had punched him across the face, and had helped me up off the floor.

He ran to a safe place, "are you alright love?" He asked worried.

I looked up at him and gave him a massive hug, "thank you so much, race. I love you!" I said catching my breath. "Uhh... as a friend I mean." I added on as I realised what I had said.

He laughed, "don't worry, I love you to... as a friend." Those words broke me. I don't know why, friends?

If only I didn't add the 'as a friend' part...