Consequences

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I know it has been a long time, but I'm back. A giant thanks to the ones who are still here, and also thank you to every one who joined this story while I was gone. Your support means a lot. Hope you enjoy this.

CHAPTER 2

Consequences

"Good morning, everyone. My name is Mr. Yukimura. I'll be taking over for your previous History Teacher. My family and I moved here three weeks ago. I'm sure, by now, you all know my daughter, Kira. Or your might not, since she's never actually mentioned anyone from school. Or brought a friend home for that matter," The man rumbles, a loud sigh coming from the back of the classroom calling everyone's attention. "Either way, there she is."

Kira lifts her head in embarrassment at the attention she's receiving, and Alexia feels bad for her. She knows what it's like to be the new girl. Worst, she knows what it's like to be the new girl in Beacon Hills. A place that became her own cursed home, and she's afraid that with the reborn of the Nemeton it's only doomed to become more dangerous.

"Now, let's begin with American History at the turn of the 20th century," Mr. Yukimura says, continuing the class.

Alexia loves history, she always has. And this year she's finally free to completely enjoy it, without a creepy teacher with a hidden agenda stalking them and sacrificing people. Yet, the consequences of their last sacrifices still linger amongst them. Right next to Alexia, actually, as Scott tenses up at the sight of his own shadow under her worried gaze.

Once they're out of class, and reunited with Stiles, she voices her concerns once more. She knows they can't keep going like this, not when they are supernatural creatures. What happens if they lose control? What happens if Scott loses control?

"Maybe we just need a little more time to get back to normal." Scott says, his voice sounding soothing if the situation wasn't so worrying.

"Yeah, try not to forget we hit the reset button on a supernatural beacon for supernatural creatures. There's pretty good chance things are never going to be back to normal," Stiles rumbles while putting in his locker combination.

Scott titles his head to the side, his eyes sending all kinds of signs to his best friend. The boy simply shrugs, knowing his words are truthful. The truth being they all know it. Alexia leans against the other locker, sighing tiringly, but drowning in guilt to her core. She put them here, no matter how much they try to make her forget about that. This is on her.

"We're gonna fix this." Scott tries to reassure her one more time, her words earlier still haunt the darkest parts of him. The thought of Alexia considering they would be better off without her wounds him in ways no wolfsbane ever could. "We always do,"