Ep. 17 "No."

Y/N received a phone call from Dr

Y/N received a phone call from Dr. Jeon, asking her to come by at his office by 10 AM. It's currently 9 AM, she decided to take a walk outside. Admiring the beautiful surroundings, birds chirping, winds blowing, and together with hot coffee. She then received a video from Bona with her grandparents, eating breakfast altogether. 

"I wish it's not what I expected for it to be." The young CEO can't help but to be anxious about the results of the test. 

...

"Ms. Choi."

Dr. Jeon greeted her with not so smiley face, he also passes the results to the latter. Y/N opens the envelope to find the results, she takes a scan on them, not knowing what it means. "What does this mean, Dr.?

"Y/N... I'm sorry to say but you have colon cancer." Dr. Jeon stated, Y/N is still processing what she just heard. She can hear her world crumple, her dreams vanished. 

"We can do the surgery as soon as possible. We'll try our best to treat it." Dr. Jeon added, not knowing how to console Y/N. The latter kept quiet, tears fell from her eyes, she softly wipes it.

"I'll update you for the surgery, Dr.

Y/N left the room, Manager Park is waiting for her. "It's not something so bad, right?" he asked, "I have it, like dad." Y/N utters. Manager Park covers his mouth, shocked with what Y/N said. He hugs her tightly and gently pats her head.

"What's your plan on telling your mom and Bona?" Manager Park asked, "I'll tell them about it the day before the surgery." Ms. Choi replied.

"Don't tell me that it isn't curable..."

...

"Y/N, are you okay?" Bona asks as she sees Y/N zones out, "Yes, just thinking about the next presentations to be made

"Y/N, are you okay?" Bona asks as she sees Y/N zones out, "Yes, just thinking about the next presentations to be made." Y/N reassures Bona with a smile.

While the two of them are having a conversation, Manager Park arrived and asked to have a minute with Ms. Choi. "Ms. Choi,  about Dr. Jeon, he sent me a message that the surgery needs to be done as soon as possible.." he whispered, she nodded.

...

"Bona, what do you think about people with cancer?" Y/N asks, it took some minutes before Bona could answer the question

"I think cancer should be considered as curse because no one wants to have it." Bona states, "If you ever encountered a person with cancer, what would you do?" Y/N asks, fidgeting with her fingers.

"I'll give them shoulder to lean on when they feel like no one is by their side, I would also listen to their stories even if it's late night and I would also want to help make their life cheerful even for a short time." Bona asks with a simple smile, "Why'd you ask?" Bona asks.

"Nothing, it just made me curious." Y/N replies.