3

Manik, Niyonika and Raj returned back to theit home from Nandini's place. As soon as they returned "i am going to room... Make him sleep and come fast" Raj said and walked to his room.

Manik and Niyonika went to Manik's room. "Go freshen up and change into your night dress" Niyonika said and Manik ran to his washroom taking the track pant and tshirt his mom gave.

Manik freshened up and came back wearing only track pant and layed down. "Where is your tshirt mister? " Asked Niyonika laying beside Manik to make him sleep. "Mamma... Bahour garmi hoti ha" Manik said. "Acha... Ye AC kyun hai... On karlo" Niyonika said. "Mammaaaa" Manik whined. "Acha chup so" Niyonika said.

"Mamma " Manik called Niyonika hmm-ed. "Nandz was crying so much" He said." Ya baby... For a child their mamma is their favorite and closest one. " She said patting her son's back making him sleep.

"I have an idea" Manik yelled and sat on bed. "Kya " Niyonika asked. "You become her mamma, navya di her sister, dad her dad" He said with twinkling eyes. "Yaaa....? " She asked chuckling "yaa... Now she will have 2 dads" He said. "And you become her brother" She said. "Naiiiii..... I will become her husband" Manik said proudly while Niyonika was amused.

"Husband? " She asked. "Yes... Just like mama (maternal uncle) got married to mami... And mami called nani mummy, nanu as papa, you as didi and mama her husband" Manik said. Niyonika chuckled and ruffled his hair and pulled him to sleep.

Niyonika fell asleep holding his baby son. After sometimes, Raj walked to Manik's room and saw both his wife and son sleeping. He sighed and layed beside them, pulling them in his embrace.
---------
A week later, Murthy family held a small pooja for Ishita. Later that evening, Raman, Venkatesh (chacha), Raj and Nandini's mama (maternal uncle) sat talking.

Ishita's mother, Nandini's nani sat beside Raman and caressed his head and cupped his face. "Accept our wish beta... You have a long life ahead. Nandini is just a child, she needs a mother" Ishita's mother spoke with a teary eyes.

"I understand what you say amma... but i can take care of my kids. Aur how can you be sure that... The girl i will marry will become their mother. What if she says she doesn't want my child. I can't risk amma.. What if she doesn't treat my kids well. Nai nai... Thats a risk. Abhi shayad samaj bhi le... Par Nandu is broken and in that situation if any woman treat her wrongly... She will die" Raman said wiping his face. "I will take care of both my kids... I eill be their father as well as a mother. Aur aap sab hai na nere sath." He said.

Ishita's mother nodded his head smilingly. She kissed her son in law's forehead and walked away from there.

The whole conversation was heard by Nandini and Abhimanyu. "Kya step moms gandi hoti hai? " Asked nandini to Abhi. "Not everyone... But dad doesn't want to take risk for our lives" Abhi explained to Nandini.

Nandini didn't understand what her dad said, but Abhi did. He promised himself he will help his dad in every steps of their life. He will become best son and a best brother for his family.

That night, Nandini went to her - now father's room and gave the glass of milk. "Nandu... You are going to school tomorrow. " Raman said, she nodded her head.

Next day, Nandini got ready by taking bath, wearing her un-ironed uniform and shoe and socks and walked down after removing tangles from her hair and taking two white ribbons.

"Daddddd" Nandini called. "Got ready beta... What is this? You didn't make your hair? " Asked Raman. "Mujhe nahi aata" She pouted. "Come sit... Have your breakfast. I will make" He said. She sat and started having idli and sambar their cook made. "Mujhe ribbons dalna nahi aata... Sirf two braid? " He said. Nandini nodded, her school is not that strict about hairstyle unless and until it goes over fashioned.