Author's Note, Copyright, Book Synopsis & Prologue: [Edited]

Copyright ©️

©2024 Rebecca Clark. All Rights Reserved.

No part of this book may be reproduced or used in any manner without the prior permission of the author, except for the brief description of the book in a book review.

To request permission, please contact the author at rebeccaaaclark@gmail.com.

*******

A NOTE TO MY READERS

Hello, 

I just wanted to say thank you for your love and support. You may know me as your Wattpad author on Wattpad. It means a lot to me whenever you pick up one of my books and read it. 

Thanks to each of you who have followed my writing journey. My dream is to become a published author, and I pray for this daily. I love each and every one of you—my readers, my fans, my supporters. I look forward to sharing more creative stories with each of you.

Sincerely,
Rebecca Clark

Please be sure to follow me on social media.

Instagram: authorrebeccaclark
Facebook: Rebecca Clark (Author)
Twitter: authorrclark
TikTok: authorrebeccaclark
YouTube: Author RC / Crime Fiction

********

Synopsis

If you had a little brother being accused of a crime, and you as the older brother is to protect them at all costs. What if your little brother was being accused of a crime and your job is to find the accuser.

Before Ryan and Jacob Morgan's parents were killed in a drunk driving accident, they had appointed Ryan,their oldest son, as Jacob's legal guardian under their will. Jacob is now 15-years-old and one of the funniest and sweetest persons anyone could ever meet.

Ryan is a 26-year-old prosecutor for the state of North Dakota. Jacob had a girlfriend, Izza Miller. Her deceased body was found near a river. Jacob has been accused of killing her. Ryan, Jacob's brother, has begun to search for evidence to clear his brother of the murder charge and to find out who actually killed Izza and the reason why.

Prologue

Ryan's POV:

I had to fight hard to help Jacob's freedom. I was in shock when I found out who the killer was. Jacob was stunned as well, we weren't prepared for what was coming. I thought to myself why? Why did this person want to kill? What has Jacob done to deserve being accused of a crime? Jacob is a good person, and he would never hurt anybody.

Jacob is the least of my worries because I knew he was born to be good. I was born to save my little brother, not only as a parent, but as Jacob's older brother. Jacob needs me, even though I never once told him I needed him. I do. I do need Jacob in my life. Growing up, my brother and I weren't close.

Jacob was a toddler when our parents were killed by a drunk driver. I remember being at the trial of the driver who killed my parents. I remember yelling at him and crying and telling him he killed my parents. I was shouting in the middle of a courtroom. I was eighteen years old. I remember the day the drunk driver was sent to prison. He was eighteen himself.

I was taken out of the courtroom due to me shouting and I took Jacob, who was just a kid himself out of the courtroom with me as well. Jacob was too little to understand what was going on. Jacob was only seven years old. I cried nights, days, weeks and months. I became severely depressed. But then I managed to continue my education as I adopted Jacob at eighteen, and became his parent.

I did not want to be Jacob's parent. I didn't think I would ever have a relationship with Jacob. Jacob is pretty resilient, nothing ever bothers him, except with his autism, he is pretty sensitive with people who hug him or touch him. Our lives were changed for the worse on the day of August 20th, 2013. But here I will explain the whole story before the end reaches its destination. Be prepared, it's about to get serious.