𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 ⅩⅤⅠ: "𝐀 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝,"

Start from the beginning

"Great, the little brat understands," Sanemi said, sarcastically. He turned to Gyomei, "Let's go now, we've spent way too much time playing 'tea party' in this idiotic hideout,"

"... You seemed to enjoy it, though," Gyomei murmured, barely audibly.

"Fine! You guys go!" Arata huffed dramatically.

With Arata leading them, Gyomei and Sanemi walked over to the bunker's exit.

Roughly, Sanemi opened the door, pulling the handle with great force. With a jolt of shock and dread, Arata realized what was about to happen, though a few seconds too late. She opened her mouth to speak, but a scream came out instead.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

As the door opened, gentle rays of sunlight flooded the previously dark room. The comforting shades of black were invaded with drops of light that shined as bright as liquid gold.

However, as soon as the sunlight hit her, Arata's piercing scream shot into the air.

Sanemi swore and slammed the door shut immediately, but the damage was done. For a quick, few seconds, Arata's whole body bathed in the sunlight, and most of her skin burnt away. With her arms held out in front of her face, she dropped to the ground, screaming painfully.

Swearing again, Sanemi yelled, "WHAT THE HELL, WHY ISN'T SHE HEALING? SHE'S A DAMN DEMON!"

In an agitated tone, Gyomei replied, "I don't know! Maybe it's because she doesn't eat humans!"

The two instinctively bent down and cradled Arata, who wasn't healing. The muscles that were peeking out from the patches of her face, arms, and legs that were disintegrated from the sunlight started to heal, her skin stretching over them. But, the process was very, very slow.

"Owwcchhh..." Arata cried, tears leaking from her eyes, "Th-That hurt... so m...much..."

Gyomei and Sanemi sighed in relief, the latter coughing afterward, not wanting to show he cared. As Arata was healing, more and more tears streamed down her face, and she started to hiccup. Then, she started bawling, leaving Gyomei and Sanemi unsure what to do.

'WAAAAHHHHHH! THE S-SUN IS SO M...MEAN...! WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" Arata wailed, sobbing, "THAT H-HURT SO M-MUCH...!"

Patting Arata's back gently, Gyomei murmured, "There, there,"

Slowly, Arata's cries faded, as she sniffed, wiping her tears with her newly healed hands. Gyomei continued to pat Arata's back.

After an internal turmoil, Sanemi managed to mumble out, "Are you okay?"

He was feeling a great mixture of embarrassment, anger, concern, and more anger. His face contorted as he spoke, making him look like he was constipated. Gyomei didn't notice, as he was tired of all the things that had happened in the past few hours.

Arata, on the other hand, noticed and decided not to laugh.

Sniffling, Arata replied, "I'm okay,"

A few moments passed, as the air was filled with only the sound of Arata's sniffles and Gyomei patting Arata's back.

Sanemi mumbled, extremely quietly that it was practically inaudible, "That's good,"

Arata, who managed to hear what he said, broke into a smile, beaming brightly at Sanemi. She said nothing for a few moments, until she giggled, opening her mouth to speak.

"I really want to eat some bread right now, though!"

☆ . ° ₊* .:° •. ° . ☆ • . ʕʔ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆