Chapter 16- What Doesn't Kill You

Start from the beginning

"Look," I sighed before dragging both hands down my face. "I'm gone make shit right with her, I swear."

I felt her hand grab my chin gently before she turned my head to look at her again. I watched her look over my face in search of answers to all her worries before she smirked.

"You still so broken I can tell you don't even know what it takes to fix scars like this."

~~~
Kadeejah

"Chasity, do me a favor and take over real quick? I gotta use the bathroom," I called out as I headed for the bathroom.

I heard her call out after me in agreement before I pushed past the door that led to the back and then into the bathroom. It felt like I done had a crook in my neck all morning that I've been rubbing at and I needed to check to see if my makeup was still in tact.

I careened my neck from side to side checking my reflection in the dirty bathroom mirror. I'm sure Mr.Tony will be hollering at me or Chasity to clean it before we get off our shifts. The mirror was dirty but the bright purple hue of the bruises on my neck were peeking through the dust and dots letting me know that I had wiped away most of the makeup that was there.

The make up was the only way I was peacefully going to get past my dad who was in the kitchen this morning cooking breakfast when I woke up. I ain't have time to explain any of this to him and honestly I'm trynna forget about yesterday my damn self. When I woke up my neck was in pain and I immediately had flash backs to Deuce staring at me in disgust as he kept me pressed against that wall.

It was like how do we go from one moment where his hands are wrapped around my neck making me moan in ecstasy to his hands wrapped around my neck so tight I was in arms reach of death? Just thinking about the parallels gave me whiplash.

I shook the thoughts off and headed out of the bathroom to go to the coat rack where my purse was hanging with the makeup I bought this morning inside. Before I could even get there I heard my name being called.

"Kadeejah!" Chasity yelled.

"Comin' just give me a minute," I called over my shoulder.

I grabbed the small bottle of foundation from my bag along with a sponge I was using the apply it before dabbing small amounts of the foundation across the areas of my neck that I thought the bruises were on. I couldn't see no thanks to the only mirror in this joint being in the bathroom. Closing the makeup, up and throwing it back into my bag I headed through the doors back into the lobby area.

"Sorry I was—" my words got caught in the back of my throat as I looked up.

A plethora of different rose bouquets littered the counter top where pickup orders usually sat, and even more were coming through the door as two dudes were bringing them in one by one. I watched in shock while Chasity did the same before they were finally done. It was so many that they had to sit some on the seats near the bar.

One of the two dudes rocked a set of platinum grills and Caesar cut, he was dark skinned and tatted all across his arms and even one big one on the side of his neck. He dressed in all black and held a small smirk on his face as he looked at me looking back at him in awe.

"Special delivery," he stated before winking at me and turning around to head out the door the other dude was already standing at, ready to leave.

"Hold on," I called after them before they could fully walk out. "Who are these from?"

"Deuce!"

They both walked out of the door without saying much else leaving me dumbfounded in the middle of the lobby. I heard the floor creak behind me and turned to find Chasity sifting through the many bouquets before she pulled a card out and passed it to me. I reached for it reluctantly opening the note from the absolute last person I'd want to hear from.