48.2

"I thought you didn't do karaoke," Brendon said as Stevie connected the machine to the TV.

Stevie sipped her drink. Maybe they'd lost count of what number she was on. Everleigh certainly had. "I am a changed woman."

"Drunk," Jun said. "She means drunk woman."

"I don't think Stevie's ever been drunk in her life," Everleigh said.

"You're one to talk," Maverick said, poking her in the thigh. Maybe she'd draped her legs over him, maybe she hadn't. Maybe she leaned into him a little too much so she stayed upright, maybe she simply liked having him close.

"I've never been drunk either." Everleigh took a sip of her orange juice to prove it. It wasn't something Seira had added champagne to while they looked around like they were teenagers at prom, nope. Just orange juice.

"You just made me walk you to the bathroom."

That was more because Everleigh's bangs needed a trim when they were back in London and she wanted Maverick to hold her hair if she puked. Didn't mean she was going to stop drinking, though. Everleigh had one last hurrah before tucking into job applications.

"Women do that all the time," Stevie countered. An angel among mere mortals. "Doesn't mean we're drunk."

"Thank you, lovely."

"We have the Shrek soundtrack on here," Stevie announced.

"Incredible," Maverick said.

Everleigh moved her legs off him. That was the lead-in to an invite if she knew anything about Stevie. Dewey took that as an invitation to sit on her lap instead of in Stevie's empty spot.

"Who wants to go first—" Stevie looked around but kept looking back to Maverick. "Oh, thanks for volunteering, Maverick!"

Maverick didn't move. "I'm on walk to the bathroom duty, so sorry."

"That's okay," Stevie said. "Jun can take over for now."

"Yeah," Jun said. "That's fine."

The image of Jun standing outside the bathroom, sipping on a Capri Sun waiting to hear if she vomited was enough to send Everleigh giggling into Maverick's shoulder for a moment. Maybe that was his armpit. God only knew at that point.

"Yeah, fine." As if anyone could keep him off the stage—even if it was simply the front of the living room. Maverick slowly pushed himself up from the couch, and in one fail swoop, stole Everleigh's drink from her hand. The lack of surprise on his face when he tasted the non-virgin mimosa told Everleigh her breath smelt like champagne bubbles. Oops. Maybe she should've eaten when Maverick had shoved a plate at her. "What song are you picking?"

Stevie hummed before laughing. "Perfect."

Lit up on the screen, the intro to Do You Want to Build a Snowman began. Maverick stifled a chuckle as Stevie handed him the microphone.

"Out of every song available to you."

"Please give it everything you've got," Stevie requested, sitting down between Brendon and Everleigh. "Don't hold back. Phil Collins on the Tarzan soundtrack power level."

"As you wish."

What Stevie wanted, Stevie got.

And, yeah, Maverick sounded incredible even singing a damn Disney song. Maverick was incredible. He would be a hit with their niece and all her friends when they were older because he knew all the words to those damn Frozen songs. Giving it everything he had meant his eyes closed with the power of his voice—he didn't even need the words on the TV in front of him.