0.5

I spend the rest of the day in the apartment I will be residing in for the next three weeks. I sit on the couch that is placed next to a big window overlooking the streets below me, and the back of the building that keeps my view from being amazing.

I open a travel book that was left on the coffee table as I eat some of the chocolate-covered strawberries the host also left me, along with champagne.

I idly flip through the pages, taking mental notes of the sights and attractions on each page. Nothing in particular interests me, so I close the book and place it back where it came from, then sit back on the couch and finish my last strawberry.

After taking a sip of my champagne, I decide to get up and take a shower. I make my way through the apartment with creaky hardwood floors and to the back where the bedroom is. I grab my pajamas and toiletries, walking into the bathroom that's connected.

The bathroom is tiled in pink with an ornate mirror above a porcelain sink. Amazingly, even the small bathroom is this beautiful.

I turn on the water in the shower that has a clawfoot basin and strip down. Once I do so, I step in, letting the hot water run over me. I can't help but think about Harry and Madeline. Maybe I'm just too optimistic, but I wonder if I could be friends with them the way I became with Liam and Louis.

It seems like a nice thought, but I'm getting ahead of myself. They had to be nice to me today, I was a customer. It's not like we just met in a pub and started hanging out.

I've never been alone before, so I guess trying to force myself to make friends is a way for me to handle the fact that I am. I am alone. In an entirely different country than I was in yesterday.

I finish my shower and dry off, putting my pajamas on. After combing my hair and brushing my teeth, I make my way to the bed. I pull the throw pillows off, throwing them on the floor to the side of the bed I'm not using. I climb in and yawn, my eyes feeling heavy as soon as my head hits the pillow. I let my sleepiness take over and drift off.

•••

The next morning, I finish getting ready just before 7 am. I put finishing touches on my makeup and tie a ribbon into my ponytail as I usually do. I smooth out my sundress and grab my purse and phone before walking out of the door. I lock it with the keypad before heading to the one flight of stairs I need to walk down.

I make my way onto the street and find myself walking back towards Becca's. A coffee before my day of adventure wouldn't hurt.

I enter the small shop that seems a lot less busy this morning than it did yesterday evening. Madeline smiles brightly when she sees me enter and she stands up off of the stool she was previously sitting on.

"Back so soon!" She cheers to me as I approach her. I smile and nod to her.

"I am," I chuckle as I look at the recently-baked pastries on display. "Just wanted to get some coffee before I start my day."

"I can help with that!" She smiles at me and then walks over to the register to ring me up as I order. "What are your plans for today?"

"To be honest? I have no idea," I admit to her with an awkward laugh. "I'm just gonna walk around until I find things, I guess."

"I'd totally offer to be your tour guide today but sadly, I have to be here," she sighs dramatically and I chuckle at her.

"That's okay, I'll forgive you," I joke with her and she smiles. Harry emerges from the beaded curtain that leads into an 'Employees Only' room. He has a smile on his face as he sees me as well.