Chapter 7: the Painful "End"

Imhotep's POV:

It's been a 4 months since I seen Zahra, all I can do is think of her and our baby. I don't even know if her and our baby are still alive, I would wait by the door like a dog waiting for them to bring her in to see me. I've even been having trouble sleeping all I'd do is wait for her, soon I heard a Medjai approach my cell. They opened the door but there was no Zahra. "Where's my Zahra is she ok... Please tell me she's ok? Is she and the baby ok?" I asked. The long haired Medjai stepped in but all I could do is look for Zahra, they didn't answer. I frowned, I hate not knowing if Zahra is ok. "Let me see them," I said.
"If you see them you will be sentenced to the Homdai again and we'll kill them and make you watch... You will never see your treasures again make a decision," he said. I began to cry, I curled up into a ball in the corner. "You can see them one last time that's it" he finished. They took me to Zahra and I saw the most beautiful sight, her belly swelled with my child.

 They took me to Zahra and I saw the most beautiful sight, her belly swelled with my child

"My treasure thank the Gods... I thought they hurt you," she said. We held eachother, I didn't want to let them go it felt so good.
"My treasure you and our child are my everything and I will do everything to keep you safe... This will be the last time we see each other again," my voice cracked. "Please promise me you'll tell our child-," I said before she interupted me.
"A girl we're having a girl... What if it our Rehema coming back to us?" She asked. I smiled, my family is now complete. Even if I couldn't see our daughter grow I knew both of them would be alive and that's all that mattered.
"Tell our daughter that I love her... Tell her how much I love the both of you," I said trying to hold back tears.
"We've fought too hard to stay together... We can't give up," I said. She was about to cry, I just held her in my arms. "I want you to see our daughter be born... Please we need to fight," she cried.
"My treasure I wish we could... They threatened to kill you both," I cried.
"It would be worth it... I'd rather die then live without you,"she sobbed.
"NO! Don't speak like that don't you dare speak like that," I couldn't stop crying. The thought of it made my chest feel like swords were carving my heart out. "Please don't... I couldn't live with myself. The gods would never let us be together... I can't bare to be tormented by your death ever again. Please my treasure," I sobbed. I then went to kiss her but the Medjai pulled me away out of the room. Life without my treasures was already unbearable torture. "Please just a little longer," I said as my voice cracked. I was locked into my room, but I did nothing but break down. I smelled my shirt and it smells like her, I was going to miss my family.

It's been 3 months since I've seen Zahra, our daughter would be a month old now. I wish I got to see her be born and hold Zahra's hand. I don't know if Zahra or my daughter survied and they won't tell me, but I have to know so I've been timing the Medjai. I'm going to escape I have to know if they're ok, I want to atleast see my daughter even from a far. The Medjai would now go for dinner, so I ran as fast as I could as far as I could. I soon made it to a boat that goes to England, I gave a sigh of relief. I was finally going to see my treasures. As soon as I got off the boat I took the nearest bus and then ran to her house. I was so scared if I found out both my treasures were gone, then I saw the most beautiful sight known to man. Zahra was holding our daughter on a balcony, I then saw the long haired Medjai enter the house. I couldn't help but cry tears of Joy I get to see my daughter and my love alive and well they were beautiful, I missed them so much I had to see them. I then snuck into the house and got into their room. That's when we saw eachother, I took Zahra and our daughter into my arms. "My treasure she's beautiful," I said. She then put our daughter to bed, she was sleeping. She was perfect, her breathing was perfect.

 She was perfect, her breathing was perfect

We then began to kiss, I was finally whole. My daughter and lover are now alive, and I was with them. I no longer thought of the Medjai or their threat... I just thought of my treasures and their presence. Soon we fell asleep in each other's arms  only to be haunted by the same memory, Zahra and Rehema were dead I tried to get to them but I was chained. Seti I was there, teasing me. I couldn't stop crying, I was broken and weak. "Seti please let me hold them I'm begging you I'm sorry I wanted to make her suffer... Anuk Sonamoon killed her I just wanted her to suffer for taking Zahra and our Rehema away," I cried. I squirmed but then Rehema disappeared and Zahra's belly began to swell.
"Their spirit will be erased, you will loose everything... They are going to die how I want them to," he said. He took out his dagger, placing it against her throat.
"NO PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU... DON'T KILL THEN, I LOVE HER... I'M SORRY I BETRAYED YOU BUT THEY'RE MY GREATEST TREASURE, IM BEGGING YOU... IF YOU KILL THEM KILL ME, PLEASE LET ME REST WITH THEM," I sobbed. He then slit her throat, I let out a blood curtailing scream. Then out of nowhere I was holding her, I felt empty. "My treasure, please kill me I can't live without them. Seti please I'm begging you," I cried. Then I was in a sarcophagus with them. "Zahra I'm scared please wake up I can't take living without you, I'm begging you...  Please my treasure I'm begging you wake up," I sobbed. I was holding her in my arms but It hurt so much. I then woke up in a trunk of a car by myself I heard Zahra crying begging someone not to take me away again. I then heard a man say to kill Zahra and Rehema. It was the Medjai.
"He's broken his promise now he must be punished," he said.
"NO DON'T KILL THEM PLEASE I'M SORRY I'LL GO BACK PLEASE NO PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU...  ZAHRA AND REHEMA I LOVE YOU BOTH," I screamed banging on the truck. I think heard a scream from Zahra and then silence. "NO ZAHRA, REHEMA... MY TREASURES PLEASE BURY ME WITH THEN," I cried.

I was now alone with Zahra a rehema's corpses, I was chained to a table left with my tear soaked face. I looked at them and took Zahra's hand, I began to cry. "My treasures you are my whole world without you I'm nothing... I'm sorry I failed to protect you, now I'm forever empty... I will never be happy without you and our Rehema, why does your and our daughter's lives have to end? WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE OUR END!? MY PAINFUL END!" I screamed.