“Still playing around with chicks?” she laughed, “When will you change?”

“When hell freezes over...I guess.”

“Man! You are so dramatic.”

It was strange but yes I had a close friend of the opposite gender. So, in contradiction to what others said I could be friends with the females too. I know I had only one female friend but I did at least have one. With the other girls the friendship always turned into something more and as a rule I had to break up with them after a week. For some reason none of them wanted to be friends with me after that.

The fact that Vivienne was one of the most gorgeous girls I had ever met made it even stranger that I was still friends with her. She had midnight black hair, dark brown eyes and full pouty red lips. She had been my close friend since kindergarten. She shifted to Nelson Kimberly Academy also known as N.K.A in the fourth grade. That school was strictly for rich kids, it would have been unaffordable for others. My parents could easily afford to send me there but somehow I liked it at Sandbay High.

Vivienne always scoffed at me for staying back at Sandaby High. She never left an opportunity to persuade me to change my school. Needless to say, I never gave in. I had a nice chat with her before going on to science class. We even made a programme to meet up in the evening. I always had fun with her.

***

                                                                             +Tiana+

“What do you mean…you are going out for camping…for THREE DAYS?” Marylyn got up from her princess bed alarmed.

“It is compulsory to go…grades will be given on the basis of the activities performed in the camp,” I said looking down at the floor quoting Mr. Kingsley.

“Who is going to cook? Who is going to clean the house? You are not going for the trip,” she said staring at the consent slip in her hands.

“It is compulsory to go,” I said feeling helpless.

“Tell the teacher you broke you leg or both your legs,” she threw the slip on the floor and lied down back on her bed.

“I can’t, they would know I am lying,” I said picking up the slip from the floor.

Please let me go…please…please, I chanted in my head.

“Now go make some lunch for us don’t stand here gaping at me girl,” she snapped at me.

“But—Marylyn…”

“Go! Shoo!” she sat up a little and exclaimed.

I should have known she would never allow me to go for the trip. I sat down on my tiny bed bummed out. Why did I get Marylyn as a step-mother? She was the most evil woman in the whole world. At least I had a date with Zack to look forward to.

“Hey Chas…” I said glumly picking up her call.

“Why so serious my friend?” she asked in her usual excited voice.

“It’s Marylyn…she's not giving me permission to go for the camping trip.”

“WHAT?” she screamed, “It’s compulsory…everyone has to go.”

“I know she told me to tell the teacher that I broke both of my legs so I can’t go,” I laid face down on the bed so my voice sounded a bit muffled.

“First of all don’t shove your sad little face in your mattress…I can barely hear you and second of all there’s nothing in this world to stop you from going on this trip. Hang on okay,” she kept me on hold.