12. a confession

"y/n, you know what to do." aether told you, as he and xiao departed from the rooftop. "good luck!"

...

xiao mumbled, "you owe me." and gave you a hard slap to the back. "good luck."

xiao then rushed down the stairs alongside aether.

you couldn't help but smile at his unexpected gesture. that kinda hurt... ouch.

"alright. i can do this!" you encouraged yourself.

you hesitated for a second.

what if i get detention for this?

"eh. fuck it!"

you ran to the edge of the rooftop and picked up sesame.

"kazuha!!" you yelled as loud as you could. everyone looked up at you.

you waited for everyone to go quiet.

"kazuha! can you hear me!?"

the boy ran to the crowd and stood right in front. "yes, y/n, i can hear you!"

"KAZUHA!!" you screamed at the top of your lungs. "I LOVE YOU TOO!!" a wave of embarrassment washed over you. "oh shit i actually said it"

"holy shit they actually said it." xiao commented. he was standing next to kazuha and xiangling.

kazuha stood there in awe.

"y/n! wait for me!" he yelled back.

the bonfire event continued as planned.

~

the boy ran inside, and rushed to the nearest staircase. he then zoomed up those flights of stairs like there was no tomorrow -v-

finally, he reached the rooftop.

he looked around.

kazuha ran up to the spot behind you, and pulled you close.

"y/n, i'm so happy!" he exclaimed, lifting you up and smiling like a little kid.

"me too." you giggled, hugging him tightly.

boom!

the two of you turned to see what was happening.

"hehe, the firework show!" you announced. "i forgot about this eve- huh?"

suddenly, kazuha pulled you closer, a second time.

"it's the perfect time for our second kiss, isn't it?" he muttered.

"yes!"

your lips met under the night sky, lit up by the fireworks. in contrast to your first kiss, this wasn't a quick peck; it was quite similar to the ones in movies.

both of you felt the other smiling into the kiss, resulting in immense butterflies in the stomach feelings.

♡♡♡

7:42 PM.

the firework show neared its end.

you and kazuha sat there, at the edge of the rooftop, hand in hand. sesame was behind kazuha, fast asleep.

"kazu, i love you." you commented out of the blue.

"i know, hehe."

you jokingly frowned at him.

"does this make me your boyfriend?" kazuha questioned.

"no need to ask." you responded with a smile. "but yeah sure."

kazuha frowned at you too.

"okay okay-! yes! yes i'll be yours!"

his frown was turned upside down. the boy smiled, and pulled you in for a hug.

~

"finally. what took you guys so long?" xingqiu asked with a sassy tone.

for sure, this was one day you'd cherish.

♡♡♡