Chapter Sixteen

Y/N didn't know what to do. Not only was Jotaro thinking that there was a good surprise waiting for him up here, but now she didn't know whether she should let his father in or not. Jotaro grew incredibly anxious whenever he thought about his dad. Now, he's here and standing in the doorway of her house. She sighed and rubbed her forehead before backing away into the house. She was holding out her arm towards the couch and told him to have a seat. He bowed and placed his hands together in front of him. He must've really changed since they were kids. 

She didn't let this change her impression of him though. He was an alcoholic and an abuser. She didn't think anyone like that should have any type of mercy. However, she also knew that if he really was terminally ill, Jotaro should have the chance to talk to him before he passes. The problem was, Y/N didn't know the truth. Desperately trying to come up with a plan, she offered water and took her slow, sweet time filling the cup. She was going over different plans to get him out, but nothing would've worked. She had no other choice but to go and get Jotaro. 

She placed the cup on the table and crossed her arms. "You better not have any funny ideas before I go and get him. Get up from the couch once and the police will be here immediately." He nodded his head and assured that he wouldn't even budge his legs from where they were. Y/N slowly turned away and walked towards the room where she had Kakyoin take Jotaro. She got to the hallway and looked behind her to see Jotaro's father still sitting on the couch admiring the pictures on the shelves of her and Jotaro. They were photos from when they were kids to now. She still couldn't believe that she had found him after all this time. She smiled and continued down the hallway. 

She got to the door and slowly crept down the stairs. Before she got to the bottom, she heard an interesting conversation. She listened to what they were saying before she walked all the way down. 

"What are you going to do? You need to tell her if you want him gone or not. She can't read your mind you know." Y/N was a little angry but definitely not surprised. Kakyoin never seemed like the type to hide something unless the person needed to know. She wasn't wrong about her assumption. 

"I know, Nori, but I really don't know what to do. I need to see him and I want to know why he did what he did, but I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. I mean, why would he be here in the first place?" He did have a valid reason. Y/N didn't even know why he showed up in the first place. Illness or not, he never made contact before, with Jotaro at least, so why would he now?

She took a deep breath and walked down the rest of the steps. She saw them both look up and Kakyoin stood up very quickly. Y/N put a hand on his shoulder and assured him that she wasn't upset. She was a little worried though. Jotaro looked stressed and was gripping onto his hair so tightly that it could've been ripped out. She walked over to him and rubbed his back for comfort. This wasn't going to be an easy night at all. 

They all remained stationary until Jotaro looked up and announced that he would go up to talk to him. Y/N stood up but Jotaro gripped her wrist and made her sit back down. "Alone." She wanted to protest, but she didn't have a say in the matter. She pursed her lips and sat down with an attitude. She didn't mean to, but she was a little upset that he didn't want her to go with him. He sighed and rubbed his face and this made Y/N realize how she had reacted. She stood up and wrapped her arms around his waist while she pressed her head onto his back. "Please be careful."

She opened her eyes and sat back down. She placed her hands on her lap and started to fiddle with her fingers. She was extremely nervous but she tried to hide it as she needed to be strong for Jotaro. Her and Kakyoin sat there while they watched Jotaro slowly walk up the stairs. For being nervous, he was really able to hide it well. 

Y/N went to talk to Kakyoin but leaped out of her seat when she saw a tall, buff man with insanely tall silver hair sitting in the corner of the room casually on his phone. She was clutching her chest and moving her head back and forth between the two men. Kakyoin was sitting there with his arms over the back of the couch confused about what she was doing. Y/N was throwing her arms towards the man while Kakyoin looked at her with confusion.