The Girl of His Dreams

Magsimula sa umpisa

And here he was now getting a whole fancy party in his honor. The thought almost made her roll her eyes.

Her mind slowly drifted away from the prince and onto the boy from the market. He had said he'd be there.

She was reminded of the little, blue ocarina he'd held so dear. Maybe if they met again, she could ask him to play it for her.

The carriage rolled around to the front of the castle, which was surprisingly empty. Most likely due to the fact Zelda had come fashionably late.

Cado jumped from his seat in the coach box and circled back around to the door. He greeted her with a smile as she took in the view of the castle from just above his head.

Using one hand to scoop up her enormous and fluffy dress, and placing the other one in her footman's hand, she stepped out of the carriage and onto solid ground.

It was a bit of a shame to end the feeling of floating on air she'd felt since stepping in the carriage, but all dreams must end at some point.

And a new one was just beginning as she took in the front of the magnificent palace ahead of her.

"Are you sure you don't need an escort, milady?" Cado asked, which was quite the surreal thing to think about given he'd been a dog less than an hour ago.

Zelda turned around, but shook her head with a smile.

"Don't worry, I'll be alright on my own. I'm sure I can find my way around," she reassured him, before picking up the front of her dress again and heading onward.

Cado waved goodbye as he watched her scale the front steps and into the castle itself.

The interior was illuminated by the warm, golden glow of thousands of candles and crystal chandeliers. There were royal guards in front of the main door, stationed to see what kinds of guests were showing up.

Upon taking a few seconds to eye the huge blue dress she wore, they stepped aside to let her in. They didn't look very talkative, so she simply gave them a quick nod and curtsy.

After making her way past them, she glided down the winding main hallway. The sound of the beautiful orchestral music filing the corridors quickened the pounding of her heart.

She walked up one more flight of stairs that she could only assume was the final one before the ballroom.

As she placed a shaking hand on the doorknob, the melody that was playing finished on the other side of the door.

She pushed the entrance open and quickly realized she had emerged at the top of a stairwell leading down into the ballroom.

It was safe to say that the sapphire color of her gown was not exactly an easy shade to miss, and Zelda could already see several people turning to look up at her as she slowly made her way down the gold-plated stairs.

Thankfully, one of the lucky ball-goers who'd spotted her just so happened to be the prince.

He couldn't help but shake the feeling he'd seen her face before and began walking over to her without much of a second thought.

By the time Zelda had reached the bottom of the staircase, Kass had begun his next piece and beautiful music re-entered the room.

There were several people on the dance floor, and there was a nervous feeling in the pit of her stomach.

It's not like she knew anyone there; these were all esteemed noblemen and women, how on earth would she find someone to—

"Zelda?" A familiar voice asked, causing the girl to turn around.

Despite the fact she expected to see Link, she was met with the face of the prince. She swiftly dipped her head and bowed.

"Your highness?" She replied, rather quizzically. "How do you know my..."

It didn't take long for her to match the prince's face to the one she'd seen in the market earlier today.

Link characteristically scratched the back of his head.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to sneak up on you," he confessed, before he was cut off by Zelda.

"You're the boy from the music stall, aren't you? The one with the ocarina!" She exclaimed, as they stepped out of the way of dancers.

Link nodded his head. "That would be me alright."

"I'm pretty glad you're here honestly, I'm unfamiliar with basically all the nobles here," he went on, causing Zelda to raise a blonde eyebrow.

"Really now? You don't know anyone?" She asked.

The prince sighed heavily, gesturing over to his father who sat in the royal box with Teba.

"They're all mainly friends of my father's and their children. He's hoping to find me a bride but I'm not sure anyone here's all that suited for me," Link replied, shaking his head slightly.

All of a sudden, Zelda was beginning to regret the things she'd thought about him. Apparently, the royals weren't free from struggle either.

The prince met her gaze again, chuckling lightly.

"Apologies, there I go rambling..." he said, and Zelda shook her own head.

"No no, it's alright," she replied. "I can't imagine the pressure of needing to get married."

As their conversation drew to its conclusion so did the song in the background.

The couples on the dance floor stopped for a moment and everything grew still.

A mildly awkward silence had begun to blossom between both prince and servant, but it didn't go on for too long before Link decided on something that wouldn't hurt to try.

"Miss Zelda," he began again, grabbing her attention once more.

"May I have this next dance?"