Page 81: The Battle in the Pawnshop:

"I can't cast a spell. I can spell "spell"." Emma said when Gold moved to lay on the pillow since he was getting weaker by the moment. "You can. It's in you." Gold said, closing his eyes weakly. "How? Here? Like, from my brain?" Emma continued to ask, nervous about the pressure on her.

"Just try." 

Emma sighed when she closed her eyes, hoping the spell would just come out. "Stop thinking!" Gold scoffed, sitting up, making Emma scoff to herself. "Conjuring magic is not an intellectual endeavor. It's emotion. You must ask yourself, "Why am I doing this?" "Who am I protecting?" Feel it." Gold said, sitting up, when Emma turned, doing what he said, when Gold smiled, feeling the power of the boundary spell covering the store. "Oh, yeah, you feel it?" He asked, leaning back on the pillow.

"Yeah, I think I did." Emma smiled before turning to Gold.

"Good girl..." Gold said weakly, smiling at Emma. "Very good girl."

"It's them." David rushed into the back room after the whole shop started to shake. "Regina, Dream, and Cora, they're here..." David continued, looking at Neal, Emma, and Gold.

Cora looked up from the dagger, standing in front of the shop. Regina looked at Dream, holding her hand, before turning to Cora. Cora nodded her head when they stepped back. Regina and Cora created a giant fireball, blasting the door open and breaking the boundary spell.

Emma, Neal, and David had their swords ready while Mary Margaret stayed to the side. Cora, Regina, and Dream walked in while Regina kept Dream behind her. She may have been spelled, but Regina wanted to protect Dream more than anything. "Regina, think about what you're doing," Emma said, trying to reason, when Dream glanced over, seeing Mary Margaret sneaking towards the side door. "Don't talk to me," Regina warned when Dream watched Mary Margaret sneak out of the side door before looking at Neal, who she did not recognize, but they had the same eye color and looked a little similar.

Regina created a fireball at Emma, but David moved, blocking it with his sword. Cora nodded at Dream, who sent David flying through the front door of the shop. "David!" Emma exclaimed when Dream closed, locking the door. Cora used her magic, throwing Emma back. When Neal swung at them, Regina made them disappear from the spot, causing Cora to drop the dagger.

Regina appeared in front of Emma, choking her, when Cora appeared with Dream, looking at the dagger. Emma grabbed Regina, holding the sword to her throat. Neal grabbed Dream, holding her while aiming his sword at Cora while the two of them looked down at the dagger.

"What's it gonna be?" Neal asked when Regina looked at the strange man who had her daughter.

"Mother?" Regina spoke up, wanting Cora to help Dream.

"Choose wisely..." Neal said when Cora looked at him, then Dream, then finally at Regina. "Let go of me!" Dream struggled, fighting when Cora used her magic to make the dagger come up to hand when she made her choice. Emma pushed Regina into Cora, making them crash into the glass counter.

"Fall back to Gold. I have the chalk!" Emma said, running to draw a barrier line with the chalk while Regina watched Neal drag Dream into the back room. "Let go of me!" Dream tried to fight, struggling to get out of his grip.

"Help me take out Rumpelstiltskin, and then we'll go back--" Cora stopped when she felt a pain in her chest. 

"Mother, what is it?" Regina asked, looking worried at her mother. "My heart... It's with my things, in your vault. Someone's there." Cora said before gasping from the feeling in her chest.

"Mother!"

"Go! Go! I'll take care of Dream." Cora said, sending Regina through the side door before looking at the dagger as she moved to the barrier. "Really, Rumple... hiding's beneath you," Cora said, using her magic to try and break down the barrier.

"It's okay... I won't hurt you." Neal said, trying to calm Dream down as he moved her to a chair. "Who are you?" Dream asked him when she looked over to see Gold lying down. "I'm Baelfire... You're half-brother. But you can call me Neal." Neal said when Dream looked at Emma, who nodded.

Dream felt overwhelmed when she moved to hug him. "It's nice to meet you, Neal." She said when he hugged her back. They pulled away when Emma's phone started to ring. "David?" Emma asked, answering the phone.

"Are you safe?"

"For now. I've got the spell up in the back room... We got Dream with us." Emma said, looking towards the entrance, where the door was.

"Is Mary Margaret okay?"

"She's not with you?" Emma asked, sounding panicked when Dream and Neal looked at her.

"No... Where is she?"

"Mary Margaret went out the side door..." Dream spoke up when Emma told David what she said before she hung up the phone.

~season 2, episode 16: "The Miller's Daughter"~

~819 words~