Meeting the Future King

Two weeks later, As I read A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, on my bed, my sister texted me and told me that she was with the prince at Rosette's coffee house and if I wanted to stop by then I could. I would be allowed entrance. The prince closed the shop down but was willing to have me come in since he did want to meet me and buy me a drink. But I wasn't allowed to bring anything else.

I felt the same feeling as I would if I forgot to study for a test and I froze up. I didn't know what to wear. I left my book on the bed and I raced over to my closet and I tried to pick out something nice to wear. 

I chose a black shirt, jeans, ugs, and a jean jacket. It was too cold to wear a dress and I pulled my hair up into a ponytail.

I could feel a lump in my throat and my stomach started to hurt.

I also wore makeup. I watched a tutorial. That way I could wear it right. 

I felt myself panicking as I left the house and went into my white Saturn. I put my key in and I took a deep breath as I started the car.

"Breathe," I told myself as I put on my seatbelt.

"He's just a guy and everything will be fine. Just meet him and then leave. Make it brief, that way you can't say anything stupid and make a mistake.

I was sure that I was going to mess up somehow.

I drove for fifteen minutes and when I arrived, it was usually packed with customers at the coffee house. It was different. It was filled with police cars, limousines, security guards, and the press. They were trying to get a glimpse of the prince and my sister but they were being backed up by the police and yellow caution tape. 

They managed to see me and the flash from their cameras nearly blinded me.

"Are you here to see the prince?"

"Are you his girlfriend?"

"Do you know who is with him in the coffee house?"

All these questions were from them. They were trying to get their noses in the prince's business. I chose to ignore them. 

A large, dark-skinned security guard came up to me. He had a low voice.

"What's your name?" 

"Ella Windsor." It was as if my name was a key to a magical gate because he and two other security guards led me past the press and brought me inside.

The coffee house was filled with lounge chairs, an electric fireplace, and a tv. The channel was on tbs and A New Hope was playing. It had red-colored carpets and the walls were bricks. As soon as you walked in you could smell espresso brewing. 

My sister stood up as soon as she saw me and she looked over at the prince and gestured for him to stand up. They were sitting at a small wooden table. He had dirty blonde hair and wore a dark blue sweater vest, jeans, and brown sneakers. He was tall with dark blue eyes and dark red lips. He was very handsome. I felt my legs trembling just looking at him. It was like looking at an angel. He smiled over at me and left his hot chocolate on the table and he walked over toward me. 

"Hello, I'm Prince Alexander." He shook my hand and I chuckled. "I know who you are. It's a pleasure for me. I mean you." I had already started to embarrass myself. 

He laughed. "Don't stress. Please let me buy you something." He led me to the register he put his hand into his back pocket and pulled out a black leather wallet. 

"What would you like?"

"A hot chocolate please."

"One hot chocolate please." He said to the cashier. She was a dark-skinned woman with long nails, curly black hair, and chunky. She couldn't stop waving her hand in front of her face.