Coming home from School

The whole house was decorated for my sister's return. She went to St. Andrew's college in Scotland. Which was seven hours away from where we lived. Which was Bucklebury, Berkshire. It was a lovely little home with Christmas decorations everywhere. My mum wanted the cottage to look extra special for my sister. Which is fine. I'm not jealous of the attention that she'll be getting when she's here. in fact I'll love it. I'm sick of my mom asking me how my grades are and who I'm dating. I would rather her attack my sister with questions instead of me. I'm also curious about who my sister was dating. The Prince of Wales was going to her school and students in my school were telling me that their older siblings that went to her school saw them together and thought that they were dating. I wanted to know the truth and I knew that Jessica would tell me. I'll ask her when we're alone in her old bedroom tonight.
"Off the table!" My mother told me and I saw that I had my feet on her coffee table and I took them off. I was relaxing from decorating the house and I wanted to relax in front of the fireplace, listening to Christmas music that my mom had coming from music choice on her tv.
"Sorry mom."
She handed me a cup of hot tea and she sat down next to me as we admired the tree that we spent an hour decorating.
"Do you think Jessica will like it?"
"I do. But then again I'm sure that she's just happy to be home and away from her studies." I said and I took a sip of my tea.
"I don't know. I've never seen your sister without a computer or a text book in front of her."
Which was the opposite of me. I was usually out with my friends and partying. My sister would join me sometimes. But it wasn't really her scene.
Suddenly we heard a knock on the door and my mother was as quick as a cat to go to the door and see my sister.
My dad held the door open and my sister came in and my mother wrapped her arms around her and she stroked her long blond hair. She and my dad had blond hair but my mom and I had light brown hair. I had it pulled up in a ponytail.  Some people don't believe that we are sisters. We hardly look alike. She's the prettier one and has beautiful blue eyes. She has her hair in a perm and her makeup is natural. I have braces, freckles, brown eyes, and I hardly wear make up. I'm not good at it. I always put more than I need to. She was dressed in black leggings, tan uggs, a dark pink north face and a pink snow hat. I was just wearing a white sweater, jeans, and sneakers. I liked to dress more comfortably. I looked like a twig compared to her. She was short and she wasn't fat but she was built. She looked away from my mom and ran to me for a hug. Her hair smelt like vanilla but her jacket smelt like candy canes. She was always just plain Jane. She never gave a shit about her appearance. But now she was gorgeous. My guess is that she wants to look great for the prince. Just to get him to notice her. good for her. She always had a thing for him. She used to hang a picture of him on her wall. Ever since she was twelve.
"How are you? How's school?"
"Good. Sophomore year is okay. But I can't wait to graduate. I'm sick of homework and tests."
"Does that mean you don't want to  go to college?"
"I don't know what I want."
"Yes you do. You're going to college." My mom answered. I didn't even know that she was listening to us.
Jessica started to rub my arm. "You'll love college. It's so much fun."
"Of course you love college. I heard that you were seen with the prince."
"Really." My mom sounded intrigued. I'm sure that she was already hearing wedding bells.
"He's my friend. We study together. That's all."
"Why?" I sighed.
She shrugged. "I'm not interested in him."
"Psh. That's bull and you know it. You always had a huge crush on him."
"I used to." She corrected me "and in any case. He's leaving. He doesn't believe that this school has what he wants."
"Go with him."
"No. I like where I'm at. I don't want to transfer. Especially not for a guy."
"He's more than a guy. He's the future King."
"Leave her alone." My dad smiled. "Let her relax. She must be exhausted."
Jessica took off her hat and sniffed.
"Do you have a picture of him on your mobile?" I asked as she began to take it out of her jacket.
"No." She let out a small chuckle. "I'm not mental."
"It's not mental. It's money for the paparazzi."
"Don't joke like that. He's been used plenty of times by people he thought were his friends and they sold pictures of him. I couldn't do that to him."
"You care about him." I gave her a smug look and folded my arms, teasing her.
"Yes. He's my friend. I care about my friends. Just like a care about you." She stroked my hair and grinned at me.
"Can I meet him?"
"Like I said, he's leaving. I'll never see him again."
"Convince him to stay."
"No. Stop it. Stop being obsessed over him. Just forget about him. I have to." She seem down. But of course she'll never admit that. She's so stubborn.