Sisterly love

During the middle of the night, I could hardly sleep. I decided to wake my sister up by throwing a pillow at her. I had to know about her and the prince. She was hiding something.
When I threw the pillow, she stopped snoring and sat up.
"What's the matter?!"
"Nothing. Tell me about your relationship with the prince."
She grunted. "I already did. Let me sleep." She laid down but her eyes were still open and she yawned.
"You're lying."
"Think of it this way, Ella, why would the prince be interested in me? I'm a commoner. Princes don't marry commoners."
"Don't be that way. Your beautiful and intelligent. The royal family isn't as bitter as it used to be. This is a new generation, a new era. Prince Alexander will date you one day."
She chuckled and started moving around in her bed to make herself comfortable.
"You're so silly."
"Will you miss him?"
"I will. He was so open and sensitive. I've never seen a man like him before."
"Neither have I."

The next day, Jessica and I were playing soccer outside. I had just kicked the ball into the net, when our mom came outside with the phone.
"Jess, dear. Prince Alexander is on the phone." My mom had a huge grin on her face. She had her hand on the speaker and my sister's jaw dropped. I don't think that she ever expected the prince to get in touch with her. She thought that she would never see him again.
She ran to my mom and grabbed the phone
"Hello Alex" she said as she walked back inside.
"Should we listen in?" I asked, curious to hear what she was talking about.
My mom looked tempted after she looked at the front door and then back at me.
"No. We should give them alone time. But come inside and wash up for dinner." She had her hand on my back and led me in.
I walked towards the bathroom, down the hall. But I stopped at Jessica's door. It was right across from the bathroom and I held my ear against it. I could hear her giggling and trying to convince him to take up another career. He seemed to not like the one that he was in. It was originally art. He was taking up the history of art since he wanted to be an artist one day. But he found the classes to be boring. My sister was taking up classes as a masseuse and own her own spa one day.
I let out a smug look and I went to take a shower, knowing that my sister took my advice and was trying her best to get the prince to stay in school.
When I finished I wrapped the towel around me and my sister barged in. I must have forgotten to lock the door. I was so distracted by the king calling my sister.
Jessica was jumping up and down and she said the Prince was spending Christmas with the royal family but he was going to leave a week early to spend time with her and his friends and he wanted to go with her to a coffee shop to make up for him calling her during winter break.
"Can I go and meet him?"
"No. I don't want to scare him and have him meet members of my family. I don't want him to know.."
She paused. I knew that she was going to say that she liked him. But she didn't want me to know. She was shy and she never dated before. Her feelings were pure because she never felt them for a boy before. I decided not to push her to admit her feelings.
"Can I come by for coffee and just look at him. To be in a room with him will be enough for me."
I had a crush on him. I didn't have to hide it.
"I guess that will be alright. I'm not embarrassed by you. You do know that right?"
"I do." I rubbed her shoulder.
"Look, I'm happy for you and everything but can I get dressed."
She then looked down at the white towel that I was wearing. She hadn't noticed that I didn't have clothes on until now.
"Oh. God. I'm sorry. I hadn't noticed." Her face turned pink. She dodged out and looked all giddy because of the prince. I was happy that she found love. I just hope that the prince doesn't break her heart. She might never date again if he does.

For dinner my mom made salmon, a garden salad, iced tea, and brown rice. My mom never allowed junk food in the house and she always cooked healthy food. My sister and I would always go to the nearest coffee shop and get a brownie or a hot chocolate when we had a sweet tooth. We just never told our mom. My mom was once a huge woman and it was affecting her heart. She had to lose a bunch of weight or she would have died. She doesn't want us to be as unhealthy as she was. But it wouldn't kill her to make a pie or cookies every now and again.
We all put food on our plates and I was the first one to take a bite out of my fish.
"So, what did the prince want to say?" She asked as she poured my sister a glass of iced tea. I should've known that my mother would interrogate her.
She shrugged, "he just needed help with school and asked for my advice."
"I see and what did you tell him?"
"I told him to take up another major. Since he doesn't seem to like the one that he's in."
My mom then started to put salad on her plate. She couldn't keep the smile of her face and my father noticed, when she passed the bowl of salad to him.
"Darling, he's just a friend. Besides, Jessica doesn't want to date until she's finished with school." That was the excuse that my sister gave my parents. She refused guys left and right. But I think that she just didn't find any guy to be her type. Perhaps the prince was her type.
He turned to sister and grinned at her as he handed her the bowl of salad. she smiled back and she put some salad to me and then added some fish and brown rice on her plate. She was the center of attention.
"I know." My mom finally answered. "But it's nice to see Jessica talking about a guy." She began to carve her fish and she took a bite.
"You should invite him over one day."
"Maybe" she shrugged. I'm sure that my sister didn't want to bring him over. She knew that my mom partially wanted to have him over because he was a prince and I think that she just wanted the Prince to have a normal life while he was at Saint Andrews.