THREE. never have i ever... kept a secret from my best friend

Start from the beginning

"Talking to Johnny is like speaking to a brick wall and I think I could have a longer conversation with the wall." Kalani said, "I'm working on breaking down that loner exterior."

Which was true. Kalani didn't want any romantic relationship with Johnny, but she would do anything to get the guy to even smile her way. This would be her sophomore year mission and she was going to complete it before the year was over.

"You'll get there, Lani." Eleanor smiled, hugging her side, "What about you and Jonah, Devi? I heard he works at Sephora and loves giving makeovers."

"Actually, I've been talking to someone else. Paxton Hall-Yoshida. Ever heard of him?" She asked, a smirk on her face.

What they didn't know was that Devi hadn't accurately told the story. They would never know that though.

"Whip-smart?" Kalani questioned.

"He has such a way with words doesn't he?" Devi smiled, "So if things go well, I might start dating Paxton or something. Fab, you paying attention?"

"Yep. Someone's dating Paxton."

"Me. Fab, pay attention. Anyways, I'm gonna go contour my nose before he sees me in class."

From the corner of her eye, Kalani saw Ben standing by a classroom door, gesturing towards it.

"Hey, I'll catch up with you guys."

The trio furrowed their brows and before they saw Kalani disappear from their sights.

THE NEXT couple of days had been pretty hectic for the group of besties.

They had learned about kegel exercise and different sex positions in order to prepare Devi for her night with Paxton, which never happened, but Devi did tell them that she had become a woman.

And of course we can never let a day go by where Devi and Ben argued back and forth with each other in class.

"What was that Devi?" Mr. Shapiro asked.

"Yeah, Devi, please share your mumble with the rest of the class." Ben said.

"I said I wished the Nazis would kill Ben."

Everyone turned in her direction, jaws dropped and gasp leaving each of the students.

Kalani held wide eyes as she looked over at Devi, she gave a look to Ben and the two of them were ushered off to the principal's office.

Class soon dismissed after that and Kalani found Ben standing alone at his locker.

She leaned against one of the lockers closet to his and held a small smile, "How're you feeling?"

"I'm fine." He smiled softly, "I'm not pressing any charges against her."

"You have such a kind soul." She chuckled, "Seriously though, are you okay?"

It didn't matter if Kalani and Ben weren't dating. What Devi had said was pretty fucked up. Ben was glad that his girlfriend would check up on him no matter the situation.

"I'll be okay. She could've said something way worse." Ben said, closing his locker.

"What's worst than what she said? Enlighten, Gross."

Ben rolled his eyes, "Leave it be or I will do something insane in this hallway."

She knew what she meant and she didn't need people questioning why Ben Gross was on his knees begging Kalani for their relationship to be public.

"Fine. Wanna come over and watch a movie tonight?"

"As long as it's Revenge of the Sith."

"Sure."

"Oh, you must feel real bad for me." Ben smiled.

Kalani only patted his shoulder, a tight lipped smile on her face, "You're lucky I like you." She whispered.

She soon left the boy alone and sure enough, Ben Gross was lucky to have Kalani Wang.

- lucy has something to say !!

i don't know about you but i would not hook up with devi let alone like her if she ever said this about me and ben is JEWISH LIKE

bye :))))