The Lost Prince Pt.1

Start from the beginning

At the end of the day his siblings returned home and sat at the dining table to do their homework. He draws a bath for his mother who returns with a new item in her bag, and dinner is ready by the time his father comes back from work. He then draws his father a bath, lights the fire in the living room, and does the dishes from dinner. Once his family are all settled in their rooms for the night, Shoto allows himself to eat whatever was left of dinner and an apple or two from the orchard. 

The sun is always long gone by the time Shoto is finished with his tasks, and he makes himself a small cup of tea before heading up to his bedroom in the attic. His room was small, the bed with more broken springs than not, and it was drafty due to the holes in the thatched roof that his father never had time to fix. Shoto would learn to do it himself one day, maybe. He spent his last minutes awake looking out the tiny window to the starry sky above, wondering about his life, his future, and when he would be allowed to leave his home and explore the outer world...

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Bakugou was wondering when the hell their carriage would arrive at the castle. Musutafu was the capital city closest to their home of Deika, and his family had received an invitation to attend the festivities and grand ball to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the coronation of King Enji Todoroki. Bakugou was far from interested in these kinds of things, feeling agitation in his limbs with each bow, and polite smiles that were so false it was sickening. Bakugou would rather be in the training room with his sword or out riding his horse through the forests and mountains, but his parents had insisted he attend as he was coming of age. 

Basically, 21 year old Bakugou Katsuki was now old enough to be married.

His parents, his mother in particular, had been informing him of several marriage proposals from nearby kingdoms in hopes that her son would take a liking to one of them. There was Princess Momo Yaoyorozu from Kamino, who Bakugou found was far too materialistic for his liking. Next was Prince Iida from Hosu, who walked and acted and spoke like he had a stick up his arse. Then there was Inasa Yoarashi from Jaku, who made Bakugou fill with rage just looking at his dumb face, and the most recent was Princess Jirou from Esuha.

Now, upon meeting Jirou he found they got along well together, and she was more laid back than any other royal he had met. They spent the day riding through the forest, and that evening she had told him that the marriage would be entirely for show as she was only interested in women. Bakugou wasn't disappointed, he only felt platonicaly for her too, but they were now in firm correspondence with each other; with each letter Bakugou teased about pursuing the mystery women she had met in one of her villages.

Turning to look out of the window, he sighed with relief as finally the castle came into view. King Todoroki had ensured he and his parents would have the finest rooms in the castle, as well as personal servants to attend to their needs. At this Bakugou scoffed and pointed out it was just the man's way of keeping his parents close under his watch, for which he received a slap to the back of his head from his mother for being ungrateful. 

He looked around at the city as they approached the gates and saw men and women dressed in finery as they wandered between shops and restaurants. Vendors selling wares from all across Yueii, and even a sign advertising a discount at the local haberdashery. All in all, it was nothing new or exciting to him, and he couldn't wait for the next two weeks to be over so they could return to Deika.

Their carriage went through the gates and up the grand driveway towards the entrance to the castle. King Todoroki was standing there alongside his wife Rei, and his children Touya, Fuyumi and Natsuo Todoroki. Yes, he knew their names, it was required to know the family trees of neighbouring cities as part of his history studies. Bakugou paid no attention to the formal introductions, only bowing when supposed to before following the servants to his room.