Chapter 5 Stupidity

The room's atmosphere was suffocating. Full of judgement. Judgement aimed at a single person. It was as if someone was on trial. But not just anyone. No. It was like he, Tetsurou Kuroo, himself, was on trial.

He was surrounded by three confused and judgemental people. Questions certainly swimming through their heads, currently unspoken. He wondered how long they'd stay that way, the questions. How long they would remain in their heads, not yet said, not yet released for him to never hear the end of.

He wondered how bad they were judging him. Had he really made that bad of a decision? It wasn't as if he had committed treason. He would never do such a thing. But they were treating it like that's what he did.

It seemed that telling them about his encounter with the mysterious man was the wrong choice. Why was it the wrong choice? Well, it landed him in this situation.

It was 11:56 in the morning of October 17, the day after Prince Kenma's birthday ball.

Kuroo had arrived at Kenma's room, delivering the Prince's lunch. As it was the day after a big social event, the King and Queen of Nekoma allowed their son a break from his usual duties so he could recharge from the social interaction. Of course, Kenma highly appreciated it and took it as an opportunity to spend basically the entire day in his room. For Kuroo, that meant taking extra care to make sure Kenma ate properly the whole day.

This wasn't an issue. It was his job. So there were no complaints.

As soon as he passed Lev and Yaku, who were standing in Kenma's doorway doing their own job, and handed Kenma his food, he was immediately questioned about the previous night. The interrogation was long.

The questions were simple, like; "Who was that man you were with last night?" And "Where did you two go?" Or "What did you do?"

Kuroo then explained everything. From the conversation the two had, to the dance, then to the balcony, and finally about agreeing to a date with this guy. That's what really caught their attention. That's what led him to where he is now.

Kenma pinched the bridge of his nose and finally broke the tense silence in the room.

"You know, Kuro," He said as he slouched back in his gaming chair  "You really are an idiot."

The other two nodded in agreement with Yaku saying, "Not so much so that you're on par with Lev, but enough so that you qualify to be one."

Lev nodded again only to realize that he'd been insulted half way through.

"At least I'm not short." He argued in an attempt to defend himself.

He expected that to be the end of the verbal abuse. Instead, he was met with a painful kick to the butt by his small coworker.

Tetsurou laughed a bit then used Lev's courage to stand up for himself so he could do the same.

"I am not an idiot." He said defensively.

Yaku sighed, turning his attention from the Lev to Kuroo again and spoke, "Remind us again which one of us agreed to go on a date with a man we just met?"

Kuroo froze and all eyes were on him again. Shamefully he pointed to himself. There was no denying it. He did agree to go on a date with a man he just met. A man that he doesn't know the name or face of.

"Precisely," Kenma butt in "You barely know this guy, he broke into the castle, and his entire identity is a complete mystery to you. Yet, for some reason, you decided to go on a date with him. He had no way to be identified and clearly didn't want to be. He's fishy. And we both know how much I hate fish."

"I know." Kuroo sighed defeatedly.

Silence took over the room again. Lev rubbed his butt in pain. Yaku was massaging his face in hopes to get his head ache, caused by the Idiocracy of his peers, to go away. And Kenma ate his blueberry pancakes as the silence continued on.

"So, when is the date?" Lev asked to break the quiet atmosphere.

The butler opened his mouth to respond then stopped. Now that he realized it, they didn't plan for a day before the man left. Nor had they set up any way to contact the other.

Yaku immediately understood the situation and wasted no time giving him crap for it.

"You two didn't plan a day, did you?" He questioned.

Kuroo shook his head and Yaku facepalmed while Kenma looked dumbfounded. Lev was just shocked.

"Please tell me you two have some means of contact set up so you can plan." Kenma practically pleaded that his friend wasn't that stupid.

"You don't, do you?" Yaku raised an eyebrow.

Much to their disappointment, Kuroo had to shake his head. They groaned and Kenma shooed him away. Any longer in the same room as his dumbass of a best friend and he was going to lose brain cells. Tetsurou bowed then left to continue doing his chore.

He felt so ashamed of the little amount of thinking put into this whole ordeal. Maybe he had too much punch that night.

(A/N: Fun fact, I found out recently that Karma Akabane and Suguru Daishou share an English voice actor and I'm freaking out. As a pansexual kuroo Kinnie, I need Daishou to just come talk to me. Like can he do that? Just once? Don't get me wrong I am forever loyal to Irina, Tengen, and Violet Evergarden, but still 🤩)