4.

The rat man was baring his eyes into my soul and you stared right back at him. You didn't know what to say or do and his black penetrating eyes seriously creeped you out. As a result of that you just sat there in silence.

It seemed like he wasn't going to do anything and was waiting for you to move or speak. You felt so strange and this situation really made you anxious. Can he even speak? Would he understand you? Oh god this is so stressful. You couldn't take it anymore so you just kind of waved at him awkwardly? "Hey there." you smiled a little, hoping you seemed polite enough.

He still wasn't answering and his mouth twitched a little which made you even more nervous. Is he planning on eating you? Did April try to get rid of you this way or something? No, he can't move with so many injuries, can he? The situation was so tense you started to think about leaving as soon as possible. Maybe if you just got up and left...

And then he fucking sneezed. You got so scared that you jerked away screaming on the top of your lungs. You gripped the fabric of your shirt right above your chest and looked at him wide eyed. He shook his head and finally spoke. "Oh, and who might you be?" He looked completely unbothered by what just happened. You breathed in sharply and felt your heart racing in your ribcage. You were so startled you felt like crying. Was he sleeping with his eyes open?

"I'm April's f-friend." you blurred out and you were almost sure that you had a mild heart attack a few seconds ago because your heart felt like it could jump out of your chest. "I'm here because she called me to fix you up."

He turned his head facing upwards and tried to move his arms around. If it hurt him, he didn't let it show. "Yes, I do recall her telling me you would come Y/n." You were still a little shook but you found yourself relaxing a little. His voice had this calming effect on you. He spoke like everything was okay so you decided to ignore the fact he already knew your name. You guessed that April told him that much.

"What happened here?" you asked, motioning your hand to the fallen rocks on the ground everywhere in this strange place. April told you there's been a fight but a simple fight couldn't have such severe consequences as this.

He signed. "We were attacked by Shredder."

"Shredder?! Like the leader of the foot clan Shredder?" you said this with clear sarcasm while raising your eyebrows. No way this happened. But then again, the place was a complete mess and the rat man before you was clearly almost torn to pieces. But if Shredder was here earlier, where was April now?

He was about to answer you but instead a long set of wheezes and squeals came out of his throat. He wasn't choking but rather making these weird noises. "Uhh... You okay sir?" you swallowed loudly not sure what to do now.

He dismissed you with a slight wave of his hand so you just sat there awkwardly again for a while. When he stopped after a moment, he tried to sit up and you tried to stop him "No, no, you definitely shouldn't move around yet." He didn't look very pleased but did as you said, focusing his attention back to you.

"I don't remember much from the time I was in the laboratory. I am not sure, but I think I can remember you showing up a few times." He told you like that was a fact you were supposed to accept and move on.

But you were beyond confused. You had no idea what he was on about. In addition to this you felt really uncomfortable because you didn't know what to expect from him next. "A lab." repeating the word didn't clear your memory at all. "What do you mean?"

He tried sitting up again and this time you gently pushed him back down. Careful to avoid all the stitched up areas. "April's father worked there." You of course knew this so that didn't help at all. He furrowed his eyebrows and then added "I don't like talking to someone while laying down. Stand up."