Good Luck- Joe Toye

don't expect a happy ending guys :(( small cuss warning

You kissed Joe Toye softly, and wished him good luck before you ran off to your foxhole. Although you never told Toye why you wished him luck after every conversation, he knew deep in his heart you were begging the universe to keep him safe just a little longer.

Bastogne was cruel. The snow was a deep, crimson red, and the men were dirty and struggling. You needed to stay strong, for yours and Joe's sake. Since Toccoa, your reputation of being a tough cookie hadn't failed you, and it certainly wouldn't now. Toye loved your strength and independence; he reminded you of it all of the time.

Although Joe kept a straight, brave face, you could see in the way he hugged you and how his eyes looked that he was faltering behind the mask he had raised. You knew him better than he knew himself, and you realised the only thing keeping him from breaking was you.

As you listened to the screams for medic, and watched the splintered trees fall around you, you couldn't help but let your thoughts drift to what life was like after death. Did the men that were lost in this bloody war end up somewhere better, somewhere they could be safe, without all the fighting and the fucking Kraut artillery? A blood-curdling scream escaped from your lips as you snapped out of your daze. In your moment of daydreaming, you had been exposed to the falling trees and shells. You fell to the ground in a haste, clutching your stomach. You refused to look down to the wound, for fear you would faint at the sight of your mangled torso. A shell had exploded, sending shrapnel flying to your direction. Unfortunately, it had hit you straight in the stomach, piercing through the skin and flesh.

You lay there in agonising pain, and although the screaming of your wound and the sound of more shells exploding made your thinking falter, all your mind could concentrate on was the face of Joe Toye. What did he look like? When you die would he remember you? The way you laughed, the way you cuddled in the same foxhole on cold Bastogne nights? When you die... Those words travelled through your brain constantly, repeating itself like a broken record.

The only one able to snap you out of your spiral was Joe Toye, and here he was, next to you, holding your hand and hugging you aggressively, however careful to avoid your gaping wounds. "Baby, baby... don't leave me, I can't live without you," he cried next to you. He kept your eyes focussed on his face as Eugene attempted to stitch your wounds. You cried out in extreme pain, but kept your eyes on Joe Toye's beautiful eyes the whole time.

"Good luck, Baby," you told him as the life slipped out of you. Toye held you tighter, he knew what those words meant. "No... no baby, no.."

Band Of Brothers Imagines (HBO WAR)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara