Currahee- George Luz

Leaving Camp Toccoa's medic station, you turn left, walking slowly towards Dog Company's barracks. You smile and wave at the soldiers from Fox Company who are sitting on the grass relaxing after a long drill. You look up to Mt Currahee and spot a group of soldiers, exhausted, jogging down the hill. Easy Company. They ran Currahee more than any other group of men in Toccoa. Captain Herbert Sobel was the roughest leader of them all, and he took it out on the poor men of Easy Company. His hard drills and strict demeanour made Easy Company the fittest in Toccoa.

You continued walking towards your bunk, beginning to daydream. All of a sudden, you felt hard muscle bump into your shoulder, sending you to the ground with a thud. Your shoulder ached from your previous injury, and the contact made your pain receptors scream. "Sorry y/n! Are you alright?" cried the soldier who had knocked you over. He grasped your hand and pulled you up. It seemed effortless; the constant running and drills made him much stronger than the other men.

"Yeah, I'm good," you reply. You pause for a second. "Wait, how do you know my name?"

"You're a bit famous around here y/n," the soldier replied, with a wink and smirk. You wondered how he could possibly know your name as you have never once talked to anyone from Easy Company. They never went out on weekends.

"Well, I guess since you know my name, I must know yours too," you smirked, a sudden burst of confidence consuming you.

"George Luz," the soldier replied. His eyes were warm and his smirk was playful. You could tell he was kind, and loved by many.

"George Luz, you must be a funny guy, huh?" A smile twinged at your lips.

"Yes I am, ma'am, the best comedian of all the companies combined." George laughed at his own remark.

"Alright then George, I hope to be seeing more of you and your jokes later." It was your turn to wink at him, and you pushed past to continue on your journey. You never turned back around, but you could feel his eyes staring at you as you walked away.

That was the first time you had noticed George Luz.

Sitting down outside the pub, you brought a cigarette to your lips and took a drawl. You were sitting alone, illuminated by the full moon. You had one too many drinks, and was outside to get a breath of fresh air. As you looked into the night sky, you felt a presence beside you. George Luz.

"Hey pretty lady," remarked George, who clearly had a couple of drinks as well.

"Glad to see you too," you told George. He moved closer to you as you shivered in the chilly air.

"Why is such a fine damsel out here in the cold?" he asked. You didn't reply. As you stared into the moon, you could feel him looking at you intently. You slowly turned your head to him and smiled.

"So I can be out here talking to you." You looked at his hand, filled with calluses from the drills but still soft, and grasped it. He held on tight and squeezed your hand.

"Well, y/n, if you're so obsessed with me, why don't I take you out on a date?" You both chuckled at his boldness. You kissed him lightly on the lips and pulled away, Luz trailing.

"Sure thing, George." This time the kiss lasted longer, and even in the freezing cold, outside a bar, it was the best you had ever had.