Once she reached the table, she noticed a variety of brightly colored foods on display in the most extravagant arrangement. For (Y/N), however, she had her sights on one thing only: the delicious cream puffs her father had mentioned. She reached onto the top of the table, stretching her small arm as far it would go while standing on her tippy toes to retrieve her prize. When she felt the soft and flaky texture of the treat, she immediately grabbed onto it and retracted her hand. As she was about to place the tasty treat into her mouth, she heard a noise come from underneath the table. She stopped midmotion and looked at the bottom of the table with caution and curiosity. Maybe it was just her mind playing tricks on her or just someone's footsteps passing by. However, as she was about to eat the cream puff, she heard it again. Deciding the snack can wait, she leaned down and slightly pulled the table cloth up.

Under the table was a boy that appeared to be around her age. He had spiky blonde hair that went straight up in every direction. He looked to be from the dragon kingdom, Dragcona since was wearing the ceremonial blue top that was stitched together with black string over a white top and came down to his mid-torso. He also wore matching blue pants along with white knee braces. The part of his outfit that gave him away as hailing from the Dragcona kingdom was his garnet red teardrop-shaped earrings along with the big white fur coat he wore over his shoulders. He appeared to be curled up with his knees to his chest under the table. It also looked like he was crying. When he realized that his sanctuary was being invaded he whipped his head up towards the intruder. He stared into vivid (e/c) eyes with his scarlet red ones.

"Hey! Get out here! No one's allowed in here" he yelled trying to get this stranger to leave him alone.

"What are you doing under the table? The cream puffs are on top" she answered not quite understanding why someone would just be sitting underneath the snack table with so many great options awaiting to be picked from.

"Did you not hear me, dummy? I said get out of here!" He yelled one more time going back to his previous position, not paying any mind to her hoping she would just listen and leave him alone. The next thing he knew was that she shuffled under the table and sat next to him. She continued to stare at him while he tried his best to ignore her.

"What's the matter?" she asked him in a gentle tone. He was caught off guard by this and looked at her with a face full of shock. Most people would just leave him alone after the second time he shouted at them to go away. Well, most people except for one very annoying idiot back home who he just can't seem to shake off. Her stare lingered on him as she waited for an answer.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, he sneered, "it's none of your business! What? You think I'm stupid for hiding under a table huh? Well, I'm not. I just don't want to hang out with a bunch of stuffy old people who are always looking down on me! One day, when I'm bigger, I'm going to have the mightiest dragon in all of the lands and everyone will have to look up to me! Everyone will pay me so much respect they wouldn't dare think about crossing me!"

He spoke with such determination and passion that (Y/N) was awestruck by it. She'd only seen this much determination in one person before but he didn't nearly have as much passion as this kid sitting next to her. She wanted to have just a fraction of determination and passion as he did. (Y/N) could see that he was going to be a great ruler one day and she can only hope to be just as great as he will be.

"Wow," she said with wonder in her voice, "I hope I can be as great as you one day! What will you name your dragon? I want a dragon! How do you get a dragon? I would want my to be (f/c) and sparkly!" she rambled on. The young boy just looked at her starstruck. He had never seen anyone take him so seriously before. Most people just brush him to the side or they don't even acknowledge his presence but here was this complete stranger still under a table at the biggest ball of the century talking about she wished to be just like him and that she also wanted to have a dragon.