Prologue

Around 10 years ago was supposed to be the start of a new era within the land. Many kingdoms resided within the land and seemed to always be at odds with one another. Each kingdom had its share of valuable resources but not a wide variety to be self-sustaining. However, the prideful kings would never be the first to make a deal with each other in order to trade goods to aid their own people. That was until King Kenshin proposed an idea to make all of the kingdoms live peacefully under one domain, Domanium. The kings would still be able to rule over their own kingdoms as they see fit but under this one domain, the kingdoms would be united in order to trade goods between one another and allow their subjects to prosper. The ruler of the domain would be able to help resolve any confrontation that the kingdoms had with one another and help find a solution. After King Kenshin went around to all of the kingdoms to tell them of his plan, they all eventually agreed to the plan. Thus brings us to the fateful night.

On a summer evening, all of the royal families and guests were to gather at King Kenshin palace for the unification ball. A celebration for the new domain and for the hope that the future holds. Every king and queen and family members were there celebrating this monumental moment in history. This also included (Y/N), King Kenshin's only child. She was around 7 years old at the time of the ball. She had (h/l), (h/c) hair, with vibrate (e/c) eyes that were just as kind as her father's. She ran around the ballroom in her (f/c) dress that looked like something from her fairytale books. She finally run into her father and buried her head into his legs. With an oof, King Kenshin looked down to see his daughter holding on tightly to his pant leg while hiding her face. He excused himself from who he was talking to and bent down to look at his daughter.

"What's the matter my love?" he said in a gentle tone while placing a hand on her shoulder to try to get her to look at him without forcing it.

"I don't like it here" he heard her reply in a small and quiet voice. Just barely audible over the sounds of the party.

"Oh and why not?"

"There are too many old people here and they keep looking down on me" she finally spoke while looking at her father with puffed-out cheeks. King Kenshin had to do everything in his power from laughing at his sulking daughter. He covered up his laugh with a small cough before continuing the conversation.

"Well, you're not completely wrong in that fact but that doesn't mean you should be rude when you're talking about them," he said while quirking his eyebrow trying to see if (Y/N) understood what he was saying. She quickly turned away from avoiding eye contact.

"It still makes it true. And they keep looking down at me whenever they talk to me!" (Y/N) exclaimed while flailing her arms around to try to get her point across.

This time, King Kenshin actually laughed while stating, "well my love, that's because you're not quite grown yet so they need to look down to be able to understand you."

"One day, when I'm grown, everyone will be looking up to me and they'll never look down on me ever again!"

King Kenshin let out a big laugh while picking up his daughter and spinning her around. "Haha yes! That's the attitude that I know and love!"

Just the sound of her laughter made his heart soar. Her happiness is one of the main reasons he wanted to unite the kingdoms under Domanium. He would do anything to protect her and her happiness.

King Kenshin put her back down on the ground and allowed her to regain her balance before leaning down close to her ear and whispered "you know, I heard that there were cream puffs over at the snack table." She let out an excited gasp and looked at him with bright (e/c) eyes.

"If you hurry, you just might be able to get a few before they run out." As soon as he finished saying his sentence, she was running toward the snack table as fast as her little legs could carry her.