Chapter 48: The Date

Ever since she came back from that work trip, Hyunjung had stayed at Jiyeon's home for a few days consecutively.

Firstly, because she missed her girlfriend. Secondly, it was still because she missed her girlfriend.

After all, if you had already gotten used to living together with your lover and then you suddenly had to come home to an empty, cold house, you would be uncomfortable too.

She wanted to stick to Jiyeon.

She wanted to be close to her, even closer, to the point where she could see her the moment she opened her eyes.

Jiyeon had the same feeling. She really, really welcomed Hyunjung staying at her house.

She even took the opportunity to sneak out of the house on a rest day to buy a set of matching pajamas, a cute pair of house slippers, their household necessities, and even a pair of couple mugs with A Ji printed on......

With all of this stuff in the house, it felt like she was living together with her lover. Just looking at it made her happy, and when she looked over at the kitchen, she got even happier.

That crybaby was standing right there, wearing a pale blue apron with her long hair tied back and showing off her pale wrists and slender waist.

She was even holding a knife in her hand--

And struggling with the chicken wings she had bought today.

It wasn't clear what provoked her, but she had insisted on cooking braised coca-cola chicken wings for Jiyeon. She had even gone on Twitter beforehand and announced that her princess came home tired from work every day, but still had to cook dinner for the two of them. She had failed as a girlfriend. So from today onwards, she had to work hard and learn!

Jiyeon didn't know whether to laugh or cry, thinking that Hyunjung had a lot to learn when it came to being virtuous.

But at the same time, she felt incredibly warm and moved, feeling as if she was being cherished. Her girlfriend really, really loved her.

Looking into the kitchen, she saw Hyunjung struggling with the chicken wings, so she snuck in quietly.

She extended her arms and wrapped them around her waist from the back, gently placing her chin on Hyunjung's shoulder as she watched her movements.

The person being watched felt a bit embarrassed, opening her mouth and asking: "Why did you suddenly come in? Are you hungry?"

"No." she shook her head. "I just missed my girlfriend, so I came in to take a look. It would be so nice to cook together, let me help you."

She was afraid these chicken wings would end up the same way as that plate of fried eggs a few days ago. If she could save them, she would.

With her help, they managed to finish cooking quickly.

There was quite a spread today, with the chicken wings and a curry dish. Most of the ingredients were purchased by Hyunjung, and Jiyeon just had to help out with the cooking.

After the meal, the two of them washed the dishes and prepared to shower.

Ever since the last time they did it, the two of them had gone a week without any action.