Chapter 12: T'is 'ain 's killin' me

Since that post with the row of puppies, Hyunjung hasn’t updated her Twitter for a few days.

The main reason was that she had no time. There was a problem that came up with a Japanese partner, and she immediately left with the related sales associates the night she received the message, and they still haven’t returned.

For five days, Jiyeon didn’t even see a glimpse of her shadow.

At least she was basically finished with the work at hand. After the end of the month passed, the office recovered its idleness, and except for some necessary tasks, all that’s left were fun and games.

Under this carefree state, Jiyeon unknowingly gained a few pounds.

“What did I say,” Xuanyi smiled and chatted with her as she ate some melon seeds, “Doesn’t our company raise people? Jiyeon ah, did you gain some weight?”

Jiyeon was startled and unconsciously touched her face.

Was it that obvious?

She was about 163 cm tall, and even if she gained a little weight, she still weighed under 100 pounds. At first glance, she had a very well-proportioned body. Her waist was a waist and her legs were legs. Nothing about her looked chubby.

She didn’t know how anybody could tell.

Puzzled, she heard Xuanyi add, “I accidentally saw you when you weighed yourself by the door this morning.”

Her voice was quite loud, and several people looked in their direction after her voice fell. They had a kind smile on their faces, as though gaining weight was something no one could escape from.

This was too difficult.

Jiyeon smiled and laughed along with her, but her cheeks began to turn red.

How about she . . . start losing weight from today.

This was just a small incident.

Before work ended, Chengxiao had something suddenly come up and requested to leave half an hour early. Before she left, she told her to help her watch over the emails from their Indian customers.

“Alright.” Jiyeon nodded and smiled as she said goodbye to her, “Take care.”

“Okay then. Thanks for your help.” Chengxiao waved her hand and left like a gust of wind.

She stared in the direction she left in for a moment, then returned her gaze to the email inbox.

The last email was from four hours ago. After the other party explained that they needed to verify the model to be purchased, they still haven’t responded.

At this moment, there was less than half an hour before work ended, and she thought that there probably wouldn’t be a response until tomorrow.

But what timing.

Just three minutes before work ended, she received an email telling her that they’ve attached a file containing the model they wanted to purchase and to send the contract as soon as possible.

Since she saw it, it wasn’t as though she could ignore it. Thus, Jiyeon clicked on the attachment.

She then almost passed away.