Chapter 19: You wouldn't get mad, right?

Hyunjung paused upon seeing Jiyeon's surprised expression. Then slightly turned her face to look out the window, her body upright and her composition cold.

She appeared to be serious.

But in the next second, Jiyeon suddenly heard her quietly let out a chuckle.

She was laughing at her, right? And even needed to do it so secretly.

“. . . . . .” A little too much now ah.

Knowing that she couldn’t argue over this crybaby, she sighed internally. But she still stepped forward to thank this person, sincerely saying, “Thank you, President Kim.”

Her voice sounded really pleasant, like a breeze blowing gently on the leaves of a tree with a smile. Hyunjung's expression suddenly froze.

The majority of the people who went out to eat were returning by now, and the sound of their talking and laughing traveled into their ears, loud and noisy.

But it was very quiet here.

The atmosphere quieted down all of a sudden because of her words. Hyunjung’s ears even reddened against her will.

“Okay, hurry up and go rest,” she coughed dryly, subconsciously waving her hand as her voice became as fierce as before, “Take the medicine with you. The sooner you drink it, the sooner you get better.”

“Only then can you continue to work.”

She even added, “Jiyeonsshi, you now owe me a favor ah.”

How cute and childish at the same time.

She looked at her. She was somehow in a good mood all of a sudden. Before she even opened her mouth, she already began to smile widely.

She quickly nodded and agreed, “I got it, President Kim.”

Jiyeon felt refreshed after waking up.

Work had already ended!

She hurriedly got up to wash her face, then speedily returned to the office.

The surrounding area was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

“. . . . . .”

Everyone was expectedly gone.

Panic and anxiety surged into her heart. She stood by the door in a bewildered silence, then glanced in the direction of Hyunjung’s office.

It was also empty.

It seemed like she really was the only one left in the office.

Remembering her unfinished tasks, she hurried back to her workstation.

She turned on the computer and opened Kakao to verify what she still needed to complete. Just as she was about to sit down, she saw a file on the table that wasn’t there before.

Inside was the form Chengxiao sent her this morning. As she scanned through, she saw that the file was confirmed and the certificate of origin had been entered.