33. Tears & Confessions

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Always," I said, and he turned around. I took his hand and rubbed his knuckles. With his other, he pulled me closer and rubbed my ass, "Mm, you're so beautiful,"

"Grey, this is not the time," I said, and he dropped his head and pressed his forehead to mine.

"Just kiss me," he said softly, and I smiled before pressing our lips together.

"Let's go find Alia," I said as I pulled away sensing the kiss was getting a little heated. He groaned and I pulled him into the kitchen. I grabbed a bowl from the cupboard as he leaned against the island. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"Hold this," I said pushing the bowl in his hands. I opened the freezer, grabbed a bunch of popsicles, and placed them into the bowl. "Put them behind your back and follow me."

"Okay boss."

I walked over to the pool edge closest to where Alia and the other kids were. I stooped down, "Hey troublemakers," I called, and they all turned to face me.

I motioned for them to come over with my hand and they did. "Grey and I've got something for you, do you want to see what it is?" I asked with a big smile on my face. They all yelled 'yes' and Grey kneeled beside me.

"Who's the best in the world?" Grey asked them and they giggled as Alia shouted "Anaís!"

I snorted and Grey rolled his eyes, "C'mon, this is your second time meeting her! I don't like this betrayal at all." He said and I stuck my tongue out at him.

I grabbed the bowl from him and told them to take which ones they wanted. Grey and I lay on the pool bed and watched the kids as they splashed and played in the pool. Not long after, they'd all got out and asked for more I realized how much of a bad idea it was to give already hyper kids more sugar.

We joined the adults around the table. We sat by my mom and chatted with everyone as we got to know one another.

"Alia has grown very fond of you in such a short amount of time." Alia's mom said, "She's been begging us to bring her to you these past couple of days."

"I've fallen in love with her, she's just the cutest. And she's welcome any time." I said.

"I see the way you're with her you're a natural. When are you going to have one yourself."

No.

My skin heated uncontrollably, and I felt like I'd pass out at any moment. I put my drink down and put my hands under the table on my lap.

"I'm no natural, I've raised my beautiful daughter myself since she was two years old," I said with a forced smile as I fiddled with my sarong and my knee bounced repeatedly.

I looked down at my hands trying my best to ignore the intense stares surrounding me. Closing me into an empty box that kept getting smaller as the haunting seconds pass.

I couldn't breathe.

I couldn't think.

"No, I mean, when will you and Grey have a baby of your own?" she asked, and I continued to stare down at my hands in fear of meeting anyone's pressing gaze as I tried to keep my composure.

"Yea, when will you, the clock is ticking, and it'd be nice to have a new baby in the family."

I closed my eyes as they started to burn, and the tears fought to escape.

Grey placed his soft yet rough hand over mine and my breathing instantly steadied.

"We already have a daughter. The both of us, not just Anaís. Xile is my daughter." Grey said as he rubbed his thumb over my trembling hands.