Chapter 10 ∘ Eternal Love

Start from the beginning

I knew he would probably heal, but i needed to make sure he was alright.

This was all my fault. The pain and guilt i felt in my heart was unbearable. Suddenly something whimpered consecutively.

I looked back at Aries, but he was unconscious.

The whimpering sounded repetitively. And i realised that it wasn't Aries' wolf, it was my own.

My wolf was back!

I could feel her again...

My lower lip trembled as i sobbed silently.

My eyesight blurred as more tears fell freely onto my cheeks.

My heart hurt me and i couldn't make it go away.

My wolf kept trying to tell me something but i couldn't understand.

I couldn't hear her.

I couldn't communicate with her.

All i knew was that she was hurting as was i, but more.

~

I had reached the border in a record time, and Michael was waiting for me with some patrollers.

His eyes were bloodshot and tired. There were bags under his eyes and dark circles around them. He looked paler, and depressed. The frown on his face was deep but it slowly lessened as my car came up to view.

As soon as they saw that i was all in one piece, they sighed in relief.

Michael got into the passenger seat and tried to hug me but i pushed him away as i shook my head.

"What's wrong?" He asked, but i didn't have it in me to answer.

I sped into the territory, heading to the pack doctor instead of going home, Michael spotted the tear stains on my cheeks and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "What's wrong? Are you hurt? What did that monster do to you?" He growled.

"I-it's not what h-he did to me. It's w-what i did to him. I was the real monster.." i said, choking on more sobs as i looked back at Aries' unconscious wolf.

"Holly shit, Ariel!" He gasped as his eyes widened at the sight of him, "What did you do?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at me suspiciously.

"I-i ran away with his car, a-and he ran after me. When i thought i'd lost him, i sped up. T-then you mind-linked me, and i c-couldn't see the road well enough, but as s-soon as you stopped, he s-stepped in front of the car. A-and, a-and i-i couldn't, i-i couldn't s-stop in t-time.." i stammered before throwing a fit of more tears.

His eyes softened as he rubbed my back soothingly, but it didn't work like it used to. He didn't make me feel comfortable, he didn't help me relax. He was making me sob even more, making me feel like i was missing something, or rather someone, "It's alright, Ariel, you're not a monster, it was an accident," he cooed.

We reached the pack doctor's office in the pack's building.

"I need people to help us get him in." I ordered him with a monotone voice.

He nodded at me, before his eyes glazed over.

Suddenly, some people i recognised from our pack came and carried his wolf out. I parked the car in front of the driveway properly, before getting out and hurrying by Aries' side.

We were heading to the doctor's clinic.

"Alpha Harris is on his way here," said Michael.

I nodded at him, not feeling energetic enough to answer him.