4 - An Aquarium for a Common Room

It was early morning when she was woken up by the loud chatter of people outside of her dorm and out the door she saw girls lining up down the hallway

"What's happening?" She asked a girl who stood in front of her door "Someone has turned the common room into an aquarium" she looked at her oddly and the girl giggled "If you don't believe me go look for yourself".

She started pushing her way through the crowd until she reached the doorway, what the girl had said was true. The whole common room was filled to the ceiling with water and all different species of fish swam around.

"How come the fish aren't getting in here?" A first year girl asked as you went to touch the water only for her hand to be stopped by some invisible film over the doorway. "Whoever did this enchanted the doorway so the water would not get in here" she said marvelling at the handy work of magic it must have taken to enchant something like this.

"I wonder if it's the same for the boys dorm" she mumbled to herself as she looked at the fish swimming past them not sparing another glance at the change from algae and river bed to smooth leather sofas and velvet curtains. "oh please whenever those gryffindor boys prank Slytherin it is usually targeted towards the boys" a girl in her year snorted as if it was now a known fact.

"How do you know it is Gryffindor boys?" (Name) asked and the girl gave her a look as if to say 'are you stupid?' "It's always those boys, you know Sirius Black and James Potter?" "I heard he hates Severus Snape in particular because him and Potters girlfriend used to date" another gossiped.

She had had enough of this, she'd also like to leave before they decided to start asking her questions in relation to Sirius so she pushed her way back through the crowd to the door of her dorm and shut it quickly.

Sinking back into her bed she thought that maybe this prank would give her reason to sleep in a little longer but her plans were interrupted by a knocking at her window, yes a knock. Not a scrape or a tap, a knock.

Immediately shooting up from her bed she looked out her window to see an unexpected sight, Regulus was sitting on his broom in his pyjamas.

Unlatching the window she looked at him "What are you doing here?" "I see the girls dorm is fine" he said climbing through the window, dumping his broom on the floor.

"Are you absolutely crazy? What are you doing here?" She asked but he ignored her "Is this your bed?" He asked pointing "Yes but-" he immediately face planted straight into her sheets and hummed.

Quickly she walked towards the dorm door and locked it "Godrick if anyone saw you in here" she sighed "Ugh I'm just tired" he mumbled "Well go be tired in your own bed" she said sitting on the edge of her bed. "Did you not hear? The boys dorm is flooded with water and fish" "I thought it was just the common room" she mumbled.

"Yeah but it obviously leaked to the dorms but yours seems fine, well your bed is dry, it's nice and warm too" he hummed again snuggling into her pillows and duvet "That's because I was sleeping in it idiot. Plus it hasn't effected us because someone enchanted our doorway so the water hasn't come in"