Chapter Sixteen: Continued

pǝnuıʇuoɔ
uǝǝʇxıs ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ

November 5, 1984

Steve turned to me and put his hands on my shoulders, "I need you to stay in here with these shitheads. Make sure they stay away from the window," he said. "Yeah. Okay, yeah. I can try to do that. But these shitheads, they're noses as hell. Be careful, Steve," I said. He nodded and opened the door just as Billy was getting out of his car. "Am I dreaming, or is
that you, Harrington?" I heard Billy ask. "Yeah, it's me. Don't cream your pants."

"YN, you have to go out there. Billy will kill Steve if he finds out he's lying. Please," Max begged. "Fuck," I mumbled under my breath. She wasn't wrong. If Billy catches on that Steve is lying to him. He is going to beat Steve's ass into the ground. "Fine. But... Stay. Away. From. The. Window!" I said before going outside. "Small? Redhead? Bit of a bitch." I heard Billy say as I shut the door. "Doesn't ring a bell. Sorry, buddy."

"Steve?" Billy looked at me and Steve turned his head. "Everything all right?" I asked. "Yeah. Everything's fine," he said. I walked over to stand beside him. "Hey, Billy. What are you doing here?" I asked. "Looking for my sister. What are you doing here?" He asked. "Just babysitting with Steve's help," I said. He sighed, You know, I don't know, this...This whole situation, Harrington, I don't know. It's giving me the heebie-jeebies," Billy said. "The Henie-jeebies?" I asked. "Oh, yeah? Why's that?" Steve asked.

"My 13-year-old sister goes missing all day. And then I find her with you in a stranger's house. And you lie to me about it," Billy said."Man, were you dropped too much as a child, or what? I don't know what you don't understand about what I just said. She's not here," Steve told him. "Then who is that?" Billy asked. I turned to see the kids moving away from the window. "Fucking christ," I whispered. "Go. Get inside. I got this!" Steve said. I didn't waste any time and ran back into the house.

"Seriously? Seriously! I told you four to stay away from the fucking window!" I said, pushing them all behind me. "Well, well, well." I looked at Billy. "Lucas Sinclair. What a surprise. I thought I told you to stay away from him, Max," he said. "Billy, go away," I told him. I spread my arms out to try and keep him away from the kids. "You disobeyed me. And you know what happens when you disobey me," Billy said to Max. "Billy..." Max said. "I break things."

He went to go for Lucas, wrapping his hands around his jacket while pushing me out of the way. "Billy! Stop! Billy! Stop!" Max yelled. "Get off of me, you..." Lucas tried to say but Billy pushed him against the wall harder. "Since Maxine won't listen to me, maybe you will. You stay away from her. Stay away from her! You hear me?" Billy yelled in his face. I stood up, "hey, Billy!" He dropped Lucas and turned to me. "I told you never to put your hands on one of my kids again!" I said and then swung.

My fist collided with his cheekbone and he just laughed. Then he rushed me, wrapping his hand around my throat and slamming me against the wall. "YN!" Dustin yelled. "You're dead, Henderson!" Billy yelled. I was clawing at his hand trying to get loose. "No you are." Billy was pulled away from me and then Steve hit him hard enough that Billy stumbled back. Billy started laughing like a fucking maniac and then lunched Steve so hard he fell backwards. "Steve!"

I pulled the kids over to me, Dustin holding on to me. "Looks like you got some fire in you after all, huh? I've been waiting to meet this King Steve everybody's been telling me so much about," Billy said. "Get out," Steve told Billy. Billy went to swing at him but Steve ducked. Then he punched him. "Yes! Kick his ass, Steve!" Dustin yelled. "Get him! Murder the son of a bitch! Now! Now! Get that shithead!" Mike and Dustin we're going back and forth. "Kill the son of a bitch!"

Billy smashed a plate over Steve's head causing him to stumble away. "No one tells me what to do!" Then he came at him, Punching him until Steve was on the floor. Billy got on top of Steve and started repeatedly punching him. "Steve!" I yelled and ran over to try and pull Billy away from him. "You're gonna kill him!" I screamed. I groaned and fell back when Billy tried to push me away from him. "YN!"

"Billy, get off of him! You're going to kill him!" I yelled, going right back to try and pull him away from Steve. Then Max came up and injected him with the sedative we had for Will. We both stepped away as Billy stood up. He pulled the syringe out of his neck. I dropped down beside Steve while Max backed away from Billy. "The hell is this? You little
shit, what did you do? What did you do?" Billy asked, swaying. Then he fell down beside Steve and me. I had pulled Steve's head onto my lap.

Max walked over, stood above Billy,  From here on out, you leave me and my friends alone. Do you understand?" She asked, holding Steve's bat. "Screw you," Billy said. Then she brought it down right between his legs. I gasped at how close she came. "Say you understand! Say it! Say it!" She yelled. "I understand," Billy said. "What?" She asked. "I understand." Then Billy passed out. Max grabbed Billy's keys out of his pocket and held them up, "let's get out of here," she said.

I gently laid Steve's head back down and stood up. "Hold on. Whoa. No. No. No.absolutely not. We talked about this," I said. "We need to help Will!" Mike said. We are not going down there!" I said. Dustin held up another syringe, "there's one more. We could always..." my eyes widened. "You could always do what? Huh? What are you going to do Dustin? Fucking sedate me?!" I yelled. "I mean... if that's what needs to be done," he shrugged, then started walking towards me. I backed up and held a finger up, "hey! No! Okay! Okay! Fuck Christ!" I yelled. The kids got everything in the trunk of Billy's car then helped me with Steve.

"Shit! Shit! I can't move. Get him off of me so I can drive," I said. "I'll drive!" Max said. Dustin and Mike got in the back with me while her and Lucas sat up front. "Hey, no. No! Max, you can't drive!" I argued. I couldn't move with Steve pretty much on top of me and Mike and Dustin on either side of us. "No time to argue. I've driven before," she said. She started the car and backed out of the driveway. "Oh, my god. This is so fucking stupid," I mumbled.

We had Steve so he was leaning against me, I held an ice pack to his head. "Nancy?" I looked down at Steve. He groaned and put his hand to his face. "No, don't touch it," Sustin said, pulling his hand away. Steve turned his head. "Hey, buddy... It's okay. You put up a good fight. He kicked your ass, but you put up a fight. You're okay," Dustin said. "Okay, you're gonna keep straight for a half a mile, then make a left on Mount Sinai," Lucas told Max.

"What's going on?" Steve asked. "Well, they threatened to sedate me if we didn't go to the tunnels. And as much as I hate admitting this, four thirteen year olds with a syringe full of a sedative... well, it's fucking terrifying," I told him. He looked from me to the front of the car. "Oh, my God!" Steve said. "Just relax. She's driven before," Dustin said. "Yeah, in a parking lot," Mike argued. "That counts," Lucas said.

"You let her drive!" He said, looking at me. "They were gonna leave you behind. And me after they sedate me!" I told him. "Oh, my God," he said. "I promised that you'd be cool, okay?" Dustin told him. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. whoa. What's going on? Oh, my God. No! Whoa! Stop the car. Slow down," Steve started to freak. "Steve, I'm going to need you to calm down," I said. "You let her drive! Stop the car! Why didn't you drive?" He yelled. "It's a little hard when you're on top of me, Harrington! They wouldn't move you! And honestly I would prefer not to be knocked out. Plus she's not doing that bad of a job," I said.