Chapter 10: The Disappearance

Start from the beginning

"WHAT?!" the duke yelled as he slammed his hands on his desk.

(pic from Cannon) (not mine) 

"Penelope....*breath out* left." Derrick answered.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SAY??" yelled Reynold as he slammed the door. He was peeping on them. Along with Yvonne (the one who forced him).

"Sister....left?" Yvonne said as her eyes started getting blurry. Tears were gathering. No. She was trying to take everything in. She knew that her sister would leave one day eventually but she didn't expect it to be so soon. She didn't even apologize properly yet.

"D.e.r.r.i.c.k Eckart. Explain properly." the duke commanded.

"She left to change her clothes, and never came back." Derrick replied.

"WHy THE FUCK WOULD SHE WANT TO CHANGE HER CLOTHES?" Reynold yelled.

"Lady Ellen accidentally dropped wine on her." Derrick replied calmly.

"Penel, send every Knight out. Find her. Find my Daughter and bring her back. And since Derrick is partly responsible for this, he will go with the search party. Don't you dare come back without finding her, Derrick." the Duke ordered.

"But-"

"And Reynold will search and gather information from the palace. I will ask for permission from the queen. You don't have the right to come back without evidence either reynold." The duke Interrupted Derrick.

"BUT WHY ME? I DID NOTHING WRONG, father. Penelope is just dumb-" Reynold tried to reason but the duke's cold and distant stare was enough to shut him up and follow his Father's order. 

Everyone left, except the Duke and the crying Yvonne.

"It will be fine, Yvonne dear. We will find her and bring her back." the duke said as he consoled his daughter by hugging.

"NO! NO, it won't! Nothing will father. *hic* NOTHING! Even if she came back, IT WON'T be the SAME. SHE MIGHT TRY AGAIN! I-*Hic* I didn't even get to Apologize to her! She LEFT, father. She left because of me!" Yvonne yelled as she cried.

"No, sweetie. It wasn't because of you. It wasn't. Why would you have to apologize?" the duke asked as he rubbed circles on Yvonne's back.

"If-*hic* If I hadn't come back during her debut....if I only I have chosen a private place. She would have *hic* been able to be h-happy on her debut and...*hic* *hic* if I hadn't started crying because of happiness everytime she approached me...then *hic* *hic* Maybe-just maybe brothers wouldn't have- *hic* treated her badly." Yvonne cried. It was enough for Duke to know what was happening. He already had his doubts and today they had been confirmed. 

Duke's pov:

It wasn't Yvonne's fault, it was mine's. It was my fault. I should have treated her more affectionately. I should have trusted her. I should have taken care of her better. I didn't, causing people to mistreat Penelope. 

I found the evidence today and had been prepared to face a tantrum from Penelope as I apologize to her. I had caught everyone and replaced each and every servant in the mansion.

If only I had stopped Derrick from giving her so many prohibitions. 

If only I had stopped Reynold from belittling her and told him to treat her nicely. If only I had continued her debut, instead of postponing it. 

If only I had praised her every time she showed me her studies. 

If only.......I had listened to her part of the story on the necklace incident.

Would things be different now? Would she have been happier? 

Would she....would she have been more carefree rather than secretive?

"Father *hic* Will my sister be alright by herself?" yvonne asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I don't know." I whispered.

I don't even know her properly. Did she..did she have to wear a mask to hide her real personality? What is she really like? What does she like and enjoy? I don't know anything.

I am worthy of being called 'father' but I will make up with her. I swear. 

Reynold's pov:

Why would you do this? Damn it! Why would you wanna leave, Penelope? Tsk. Annoying.

Was it because I teased you much? Is it......because I curse you a lot? If it is then I am...sorry, alright.

Shit!

I swear I will find you and apologize to you.

The whole night was spent searching for Penelope. No one had an ounce of sleep. 

Next morning

Location: Duke Eckart's Office

Third person's pov:

*knock* "My lord, Duke Whitlock is here and asks for your audience." Pennel knocked.

"Huh? What would he want from me? Did he see Penelope? Is Penelope with him or what?" the duke asked himself.

"Lead him to the living room." Duke Eckart replied.

"Yes." Pennel bowed and left.

The Duke got up and made his way to the living room hoping to find answers about his missing daughter.

He didn't know what awaited him was much different (more like shocking, that he'd faint) than that. 

"Duke Eckart, let me get straight to the point." 

To be continued~

A/N: A short chapter, Hope you enjoyed it, but honestly this took all my energy. 

I haven't gone over it again, so feel free to comment on any spelling mistakes. And the editor, well, she is on a break. Soooo yeah. 

I was boiling from anger at one point. I just wanted to commit murder at somepoint. 

I 'might' update in 2-3 days. 

See ya! 0v0