Okay.

Raya just finished telling me about a hidden world out there right next to us. So close that we could see it if we looked hard enough yet so far away that it would take years to reach. A world of supernaturals. The ones we read in books we bought from the bookstore across the street anytime we went grocery shopping.

I was supposed to believe that. I was also expected to be totally calm about the fact that I Ashley Ivanovna, was a part of this strange new world.

I was the chosen one.

The Queen of the night.

Happy birthday Ash, and many more crazy years ahead.

***********************
"Stay at home."
I stared at her, trying to process the most bizarre words that have left her mouth since the day I was born. Not even the things I found out yesterday shook me like this one

I woke up this morning to find out that my hair had returned to the normal shoulder length black. My hands was devoid of any trave of tattoos or whatnot I was sure I saw yesterday. Raya rushed into my room when she heard me screaming like a lunatic. I kept looking at myself in disbelief when she uttered those words.

"What did you just say?"

"Stay at home. There is no use going to school and besides, Mr Faceless is still on the loose. We have to keep you safe. When I am sure everything is safe, you can go back." She explained, borrowing the nickname I gave him. I would have found it funny if I wasn't trying comprehend what happened to my hair.

But what she said made sense. That made complete sense.

"Wait ........"

"I need to go out to get some groceries. Stay at home and don't come out." She interrupted.

"Not even the front yard?"

"Not even the front yard."

Well... I need some time to sort my thoughts. I also had bazillion questions in store for her.

She stood up to go.

"Oh and before I forget." She turned to me and dropped something on my laps.

"I know it's coming late but, happy birthday Ash" she smiled and left.

I looked down to see the a silver, crescent shaped pendant. It gleamed, exposing the tiny diamonds scattered on it. It was beautiful. As I examined the pendant carefully, I discovered something. There were two tiny holes in the crescent. The pendant had a missing part.

Our house was the most weird and unique house I have ever seen. While other houses slowly evolved from the use of bricks and stones, and had abandoned the building of chimneys, ours had it all. And it was old, really old. It looked like a house built in the 80's. But Raya said our house was still a classic modern house, that people still liked the way houses were built back then. And chimneys were not out of range yet. But no matter how I looked at it, there was something still different about our house even if I don't know what it was.

Our house was not really close to town. Our nearest neighbour was still some kilometers away. Another one of the numerous reasons I hated school was because I had to leave extra early just to be on time.

While I walked around the house, absentmindedly reading a book in my hands, I started to notice some things I had never noticed before.

There was a closet I had never seen in my sixteen years of life just a corner away from the corridor after the living room. The door looked older than the whole house which was a way lot of old, But the most surprising fact was that it refused to budge. It wasn't locked. I thought a little shove will do the trick, but I clearly underestimated the strength of the door.

The living room looked bigger than I believed it was and there were strange items I began to find, all around the house. In the kitchen, I started to see cauldrons all around, but I was too scared to open any of them.

There was a weird, old broom resting on the wall in the living room. The house was becoming creepy, so I made for the door to get some fresh air. But then I remembered Raya's warning.

Stay at home and don't come out. Not even the front yard.

I sighed. It was getting really suffocating in here. It was surprising how I started to wish I was in school instead. Without Raya, the house felt weird.

When it became too uncomfortable, I stood up.

"It's just for a few minutes, what is the worst that could happen??"

The sun's bright rays felt strangely comforting. I lazily kicked pebbles into the pond as I walked slowly. I inhaled deeply and agreed with Raya in my mind that there was just this difference between the air outside and the one trapped inside buildings. Not that I was ever going to tell her anyways.

When I had walked enough, I reluctantly turned to walk back home. Suddenly, I heard movement between the trees.

"You're in the forest Ash, it's just the wind." I said as I started walking faster.

The movement continued
"Or a bunny." I increased my pace.

It was getting closer to me.
"You know what? It's just a stray dog and stray dogs are dangerous. So I have to run!!!" Then I kicked off

There was no way I was going to let myself get caught this time. I wasn't going to give Raya an opportunity to scold me again. She might not find me this time too.

The sounds became footsteps behind me and I increased my pace. I diverted from the path home. He can't know where I live and it was better if I got lost in the crowd.

I entered the bustling part of town and made for the crowd. Entering shops and coming out with people, hiding behind cars, even though I didn't know wether I was still being pursued I made I sure I blended well in the crowd before I let my guard down.

Now how was I going to get back home??.

AN.

Dearest readers,

There goes chapter four!!. I really hope you enjoy it. Stay tuned for the next update!!.

Your comments will be a very good motivation.

Sincerely,

Ozohu12.